The Sports Thread

The great and mighty Yankees will return to the post season for the 47th time in their history and for the 13th time in a row.

You'd think that TV crews would know not to have mic's around athletes who aren't being interviewed. It never works out. Doug Mientkiewicz says about being sprayed with champagne: "God that's fucking cold!".

1) The Reds have made the playoffs. Granted, it's been about 11 years (I think they made it to the NLCS in 1996 against the Braves? I went to the game, but I can't remember the year).

2) I'm not hating because the Reds suck. I'm hating because I hate the Yankees. I don't even watch baseball anymore. I only keep up with it via Sports Center because I can't really avoid it watching that and even then, I don't pay much attention.

2) I'm not hating because the Reds suck. I'm hating because I hate the Yankees. I don't even watch baseball anymore. I only keep up with it via Sports Center because I can't really avoid it watching that and even then, I don't pay much attention.

Well then what's the point of hating a team if you don't care about the sport?

I've hated them since I was following baseball.

The only reason it peaks my interest NOW (although very minimal) is because the Indians are in the playoffs and my dad is a big Indians fan.

The still doesn't make the most sense in the world.

If the Reds were good, would you follow the sport again? Then I could sort of understand hating the Yankees, but even then I still think it's a little strange for NL fans to be concerned with what the Yankees are doing.

The still doesn't make the most sense in the world.

If the Reds were good, would you follow the sport again? Then I could sort of understand hating the Yankees, but even then I still think it's a little strange for NL fans to be concerned with what the Yankees are doing.

I suppose it stems from my dad hating the Yankees so much. it just sort of rubbed off on me when I was younger. He still follows it from time to time.

Honestly though, I would somewhat follow baseball again if the Reds had a decent pitching staff and weren't bottom of the barrel year after year. Even then, I still wouldn't follow it NEARLY as much as football.

So I guess your assumption is correct. The strike hurt my interest in baseball. I was still interested, but not as much as I was before then.

Honestly, I'm more of an Indians fan if and when I do follow it. Thank my dad for this.

Lions didn't do shit even with Kitna being one of the top passers last year. I'd go ahead and say they won't do shit even with him passing like he is now.