The Sports Thread

TIACN, can you actually give me an example when an ambiguous call was never clearly either right or wrong from the videos that they show on the tv? I can't. Watch it 3 or 4 times from different angles and it's damn near always obvious.

And the 'booth' really wouldn't be that hard to implement. But of course this wouldn't happen anyway, they would surely have a more stupid system of review if they ever did install it.

Marvin Lewis isn't the answer for the Bengals.

I think the Bengals should get Bill Cowher or Bill Parcells to coach. Get someone that is no bullshit and will discipline players properly when it is warranted.

You're kind of right. Marvin Lewis did alot of good for Cinci, but I just don't think he's good head coach material. Though if I were you, I wouldn't want Cower, he'll fuck your offense up. Cinci just needs to worry about making it through this year, and do the best they can on picking up guys in the offseason for their defense. It's pretty simple, their defense sucks ass.

On a side note, I'm clearly dominating the UM Fantasy Football League.

King Richard: 3-1, 1286.40 total points
Cookie's Cutters: 2-2, 1093.47 total points
The Ozzman Cometh: 2-2, 1034.22 total points
Hammer Ov Mathias: 1-3, 1080.65 total points

It must be nice to have one of the best teams and not be hated by everyone. I think the Colts are a class act and Peyton Manning is cool and funny. I cannot say the same for the Patriots, but they are obviously good.

San Diego was good and respectable last year.

It must be nice to have one of the best teams and not be hated by everyone. I think the Colts are a class act and Peyton Manning is cool and funny. I cannot say the same for the Patriots, but they are obviously good.

Yeap, thanks. I've said it before and I'll say it again: It's good to be a Colts fan.

I used to be a Chargers fan for a while back in the day. When Junior Seau was there, and while Drew Brees was there. I still sorta like them, they just talk too much shit. They just need to stop worrying about winning, stop worrying about what they're doing right and wrong and just play some football you know? Run the ball, make short pass completions, and work your way up. I mean even Manning does this to get himself going. Dump offs to Addai, quick slants to Wayne and Harrison. It's common sense. If you can't get your offense running smooth, you're fucked.

LT is just dangerous man. Everytime he gets the ball, he's going for broke. I love watching him play it's exciting. Rivers just looks like he doesn't know whats going on. He needs to make his 3 and 5 step drops quick and painless. Drop back, look at your reads quickly if they're not open then make a pass to the back or throw it away. Shouldn't take more than 3-5 seconds tops. There's no excuse for standing the pocket looking at each receiver 2 times and then taking a sack. He needs to start playing smart and be more decisive. Which is a major problem with the offense.

As for the defense...what the hell happened? They used to be pretty good last year. Their secondary is shit and can't tackle. Everyone is passing with ease on them. They need some damn work that's for sure.

All in all it just seems like they are trying to hard.

edit: Not all of it is on the players though. Alot of it has to do with the AJ Smith for being a dumbass.

is there any reason at all why the cubs can't go the WS?

the other 3 teams are nothing special at all, and you figure with zambo, lilly and hill, the cubs should have a really good chance.

I can't wait!

know who else is respectable?
Romo and the cowboys :cool: is there going to be anyone in the world rooting against them when we play the pats? everyone hates the pats! especially after spygate!

ALDS: Red Sox over Angels, Indians over Yankees
NLDS: Phillies over Rockies, Cubs over D-Backs

ALCS: Red Sox over Indians
NLCS: Cubs over Phillies

WS: Red Sox over Cubs

I think your AL predictions are pretty good. I disagree but I wouldn't be surprised if it worked out that way. I don't like the Cubs at all, though. I don't see them beating the D-Backs.

My picks (this, too, is wishful thinking):

Red Sox over Angels; Yankees over Indians.
Philies over Rockies; Diamondbacks over Cubs.

Yankees over Red Sox.
Phillies over Diamondbacks.

Yankees over Phillies. In five. (Though I suppose of that happened, the Yankees chances of making it out of Philly alive would be slim... Better make it six.)

Please?

Question for whoever knows: Why is there only 14 AL teams and 16 NL teams? Why don't they split it up 15-15 or make two more teams and make it 16 on each to make it even?

Each league needs to have an even number of teams because Baseball is played in series. If there was an odd number, there would always be one team left without anyone to play against, which is a problem since teams usually play each other for three days. No one wants more than one day off at a time, since even one day without playing can really fuck with a teams rythme.

TIACN, can you actually give me an example when an ambiguous call was never clearly either right or wrong from the videos that they show on the tv? I can't. Watch it 3 or 4 times from different angles and it's damn near always obvious.

The double in last nights game that appeared to be hit off the rail could very well have been a home run, but you can't tell from the replay. It happens quite a bit with safe / out calls when it comes to stolen bases.

Either way, reviewing the video three or four times from different angles would require a delay of game that Baseball simply does not need.

They play in 2 weeks. And don't count on the Cowboys winning.

fuck you :mad:

life sucks said:
I don't think the Cowboys have a chance against the Pats.
and you :mad:
king richard said:
I predict the Cowboys winning 24-13 over the Pats. Write it down.
but not you.

the cowboys are averaging 37 points a game, are 4-0, and (at least going into last week, i dont know anymore) were tied for the league lead in turnovers forced. but no, your right, they dont stand a chance at all. :mad:

Each league needs to have an even number of teams because Baseball is played in series. If there was an odd number, there would always be one team left without anyone to play against, which is a problem since teams usually play each other for three days. No one wants more than one day off at a time, since even one day without playing can really fuck with a teams rythme.

I see. Well it'd be cool if they created two more teams to even it out eh? That'd be sweet if Indy had a MLB team, I'd start watching MLB more often.

I see. Well it'd be cool if they created two more teams to even it out eh? That'd be sweet if Indy had a MLB team, I'd start watching MLB more often.

Yeah, expanding the AL to include two more teams would be the only real way to even it out, but pitching is pretty thinned out as it is. 30 teams, five man rotations, a greater emphasis on middle and long relief, etc.

As far as baseball in Indy goes, the Marlins are a pretty good bet to move one of these days. I think to two markets that would be the best possible places to put an MLB team would be Las Vegas and Puerto Rico. Of course MLB would probably never want any part of Las Vegas (despite it being the fastes growing city in America) and Puerto Rico is not only too far away but the interest in Baseball there has apparenly diminished a lot since a year and a half ago. Go figure. I suppose, then, that if there was interest in Indy, they'd have just as good a chance as anyone.