The Sports Thread

No, you saying that something is completely retarded doesn't stop me from believing in something.

However, me saying that it's completley retarded means that it is completley retarded.

I brought up replays between batters simply to show that it doesn't take long to determine most calls and thus won't have a very significant impact on the game. I'm not sure why you couldn't understand this in the beginning, as it was pretty simple.

And I already explained to you why this is an invalid point and you went and pretended that I misunderstood you. In case you missed it:

THIS IS WHAT I SAID TO YOU EARLIER said:
During a video review the game must be STOPPED. This is not so for when the TV broadcast decides to show the video, since they can show it all they want and play continues, and they can stop showing the video whenever they want regardless of whether or not they reach a consensus about it. Half the time they come back from the video and play has already resumed. If this still doesn't make sense to you, you should probably kill yourself because you are almost too stupid to breath.

Again, play MUST be stopped when a play / call is being reviewed. Play is NOT stopped when the TV broadcast shows a replay. Even if they tried to do everything between at bats (which wouldn't work because fair / foul calls have to be made during at bats), play would have to be paused because there is no telling how long the review will take.

YES IT FUCKING IS, you're just saying it's not to support your fucking argument you faggot.

No, it isn't. It looks like he didn't touch the plate but it is not clear since Hollidays hand is not always in view during his slide past the plate.

It's called an analogy you shithead.

It's a bad analogy. Either way, death sentences come along with years and years of appeals, just like video replays comes along with several minutes of review. Of hey actually it's an ok analogy.

Just as the death penalty should be rejected on the basis that judges makes the wrong call in certain situations and leads to the death of an innocent person, so should review be implemented on the basis that the umpires make the wrong call in certain situations and leads to the altering of the game.

Oh so the video reviewers aren't capable of error? Is that it? Again you assume that the all mighty video is the answer to every question when it obviously isn't. The non-homerun last night, the play at the plate, the goal in last years NHL playoffs- NONE of those plays are made clearer by looking at the video, so the issue of human error is still fucking there, dip shit.

However, me saying that it's completley retarded means that it is completley retarded.

Yawn.

And I already explained to you why this is an invalid point and you went and pretended that I misunderstood you. In case you missed it:

Again, play MUST be stopped when a play / call is being reviewed. Play is NOT stopped when the TV broadcast shows a replay. Even if they tried to do everything between at bats (which wouldn't work because fair / foul calls have to be made during at bats), play would have to be paused because there is no telling how long the review will take.

You're still misunderstanding me. I DID NOT SAY THAT THEY SHOULD DO REVIEWS WHILE THE NEXT BATTER IS WALKING UP THE THE PLATE. I DID NOT SAY THIS, STOP SAYING THAT I SAID THIS. KTHX. What I said was that MOST REVIEWS CAN BE DETERMINED IN THE TIME THAT IT TAKES FOR THE NEXT BATTER TO WALK UP TO THE PLATE. Do you see how these two things are different? I was merely implying that most reviews don't take that fucking long to decide.

No, it isn't. It looks like he didn't touch the plate but it is not clear since Hollidays hand is not always in view during his slide past the plate.

Bro, he doesn't fucking touch.

It's a bad analogy. Either way, death sentences come along with years and years of appeals, just like video replays comes along with several minutes of review. Of hey actually it's an ok analogy.

Being that it's not a challenge from a team, you don't need to spend a lifetime looking at it over and over again, only enough times to make sure that you got the right call. And really, how many calls per game is there that is really contestable? 1 or 2 at most. That's not a lot of time added to the total length of the game.

Oh so the video reviewers aren't capable of error? Is that it? Again you assume that the all mighty video is the answer to every question when it obviously isn't. The non-homerun last night, the play at the plate, the goal in last years NHL playoffs- NONE of those plays are made clearer by looking at the video, so the issue of human error is still fucking there, dip shit.

It's a hell of a lot better than the current system you fuckface, and that's the important part. Stop insinuating stupid shit like I'm implying that video review negates human error. It certainly curbs it quite a bit though.

Last edited by a moderator:
You're still misunderstanding me. I DID NOT SAY THAT THEY SHOULD DO REVIEWS WHILE THE NEXT BATTER IS WALKING UP THE THE PLATE. I DID NOT SAY THIS, STOP SAYING THAT I SAID THIS. KTHX. What I said was that MOST REVIEWS CAN BE DETERMINED IN THE TIME THAT IT TAKES FOR THE NEXT BATTER TO WALK UP TO THE PLATE. Do you see how these two things are different? I was merely implying that most reviews don't take that fucking long to decide.

You:
Not really, they fucking do that in between batters.

Nice try, though.

Bro, he doesn't fucking touch.

I've seen the video, shitstain. That's a shitty god damn video, too, since you can't see the plate the second time it shows the slide, and the first and third times it shows the slide, the cloud of dirt and Barrets foot block the cameras view. The video is not conclusive. Accept it. You know who did see the play from a better angle? Tim McLelland.

It's a hell of a lot better than the current system

No. No it isn't. For the slew of reasons I've already informed you of.

Stop insinuating stupid shit like I'm implying that video review negates human error.

You pretty much did.

I can't wait until the faggot ass Cubs lose tomorrow and eventually choke like usual. I can't take these gay rallies anymore in Chicago. People don't realize that they aren't going to make it past the 1st round of playoffs:lol:
You Sox fans are the lowest form of human life; rooting for another team to lose above rooting for your own team to win. You have such an inferiority complex that seeing the Cubs lose is your only form of baseball satisfaction. Grow up. I was indifferent when the White Sox were in the WS in '05. I didn't watch a single inning, in fact I was at an Opeth concert the day they won. I usually pull for whichever fan base has gone the longest without a WS win. Which is why I always root against the Yankees. They've had enough success. I hope someone like Philly or Cleveland wins if the Cubs don't. They haven't had a win in a very long time. Can't White Sox fans just be indifferent instead of being douchebags?

Regarding replay, there are definitely plays where replay cannot adequately show whether someone is out or safe. Usually the umpires have better position to see plays at a base than a camera crew does, so we'd might as well stick with them. I still contest that only homeruns be reviewed, as umpires are basically never in better position to view these than the camera crew. Whether a HR is fair or foul is pretty much indisputable after video reviews. Just about any other play might still be open to question.

bradley-miltonCP060507.jpg

This man disagrees

Its only soccer to you because you had American Football before you had soccer. Whereas for the rest of the world, its football, and always will be. So show your foreign counterparts some respect crabby.