The Sports Thread

Fucking Rockies. Utley and Howard go a combined 0 for 8 with seven strike outs. Sickening.

So, I'm sitting here in Astronomy, and I've made sure to sit in the back so no one can see that I'm watching Red Sox vs. Angels on gameday.

I feel so fucking unclean for saying it, but... Go Sox. I actually want them to win, but I can't help but call for Youk's blood after that homer. I just can't stop hating them!

chargers.gif

From here on out, it's all BOLTS!!!

I can't wait until we get to end the Colts winning streak!

I'd like to personally go find Chase Utley and give him a few smacks in the face.

and kudos to Aaron Rowand for being the only Phillie who's actually doing something right...again:rolleyes:

and Pat Burrell

You:

Nice try, though.

Okay, now you're just fucking annoying.

By NOT REALLY, THEY FUCKING DO THAT IN BETWEEN BATTERS I meant - get this - NOT REALLY, THEY FUCKING DO THAT IN BETWEEN BATTERS. Meaning, THE TV SHOWS THE REVIEW OF THE PLAY MULTIPLE TIMES BETWEEN BATTERS. As in, THEY FUCKING DO THAT IN BETWEEN BATTERS. Why are you not understanding this? Why do I have to belabor such a stupid fucking point because you can't understand that your interpretation of my comment, and thus your baseless assumptions regarding a supposed argument that you claim that I have made, IS WRONG? My comment was saying that the television crew shows reviews of the play multiple times by the time it takes the next batter to be set up, which implies that the supposed review panel can feasibly review a play in that short an amount of time. Nowhere did I say that THEY WILL DO THIS BETWEEN BATTERS. I said that they could do this for most plays in the time that it takes for the batter to walk up to the plate and be set up. Please dear lord tell me that you can understand what I'm saying now. I know you're not stupid, so why you're not getting this is bewildering.

I've seen the video, shitstain. That's a shitty god damn video, too, since you can't see the plate the second time it shows the slide, and the first and third times it shows the slide, the cloud of dirt and Barrets foot block the cameras view. The video is not conclusive. Accept it. You know who did see the play from a better angle? Tim McLelland.

You know who made the wrong call? Tim McLelland. You can clearly see in the video that where Holliday's hand was hit directly where the catcher's foot was; in other words he could not have possibly touched the plate. And you see as well that his arm remained at the side of his body for the remainder of the slide; he did not try to tag the plate with his hand. And you also clearly see that his foot was blocked by the catcher's foot. The video conclusively shows that he didn't tag. And even if it didn't conclusively show this, that still doesn't negate the immense utility of having the luxury to review plays to ensure that the right call is made.

No. No it isn't. For the slew of reasons I've already informed you of.

The only thing you've said is "DUR IT MAKES THE GAME 5 MINUTES LONGER." Oh, and, "DUR THE VIDEO ISN'T ALWAYS CONCLUSIVE AND THAT SOMEHOW MAKES IT WORSE THAN HAVING NO VIDEO AT ALL." Which are both retarded arguments. For the slew of reasons I've already informed you of.

You pretty much did.

That would be you, based on the fact that you can't comprehend a simple English phrase such as "they fucking do that in between batters."

[/I]By NOT REALLY, THEY FUCKING DO THAT IN BETWEEN BATTERS I meant - get this - NOT REALLY, THEY FUCKING DO THAT IN BETWEEN BATTERS. Meaning, THE TV SHOWS THE REVIEW OF THE PLAY MULTIPLE TIMES BETWEEN BATTERS. As in, THEY FUCKING DO THAT IN BETWEEN BATTERS. Why are you not understanding this? Why do I have to belabor such a stupid fucking point because you can't understand that your interpretation of my comment, and thus your baseless assumptions regarding a supposed argument that you claim that I have made, IS WRONG? My comment was saying that the television crew shows reviews of the play multiple times by the time it takes the next batter to be set up, which implies that the supposed review panel can feasibly review a play in that short an amount of time. Nowhere did I say that THEY WILL DO THIS BETWEEN BATTERS. I said that they could do this for most plays in the time that it takes for the batter to walk up to the plate and be set up. Please dear lord tell me that you can understand what I'm saying now. I know you're not stupid, so why you're not getting this is bewildering.

Are you fucking joking? I FUCKING KNEW WHAT YOU MEANT, WHICH IS WHY I EXPLAINED WHY THAT POINT IS NOT RELEVANT. Seriously, you need to go back an re-read some of this shit because I already addressed your argument that replays are shown on TV during at bats. REGARDLESS of whether or not you meant to say "They do it between AB's therefore it is quick and easy" (which is such a lame point that I didn't think you were capable of it) OR "they should do it between AB's". IT DOES NOT MATTER BECAUSE THE GAME WOULD HAVE TO BE STOPPED FOR THE REVIEW, EVEN IF IT IS ONLY FOR A SECOND, THAT IS NOT THE SAME AS SHOWING THE VIDEO BETWEEN AB'S (DURING WHICH TIME PLAY CONTINUES).

Understand this: I am NOT (NOT) saying that it could not be done between AB'S. I'm saying the fact that TV does it between AB'S is irrelevant because it does not require play to be stopped (which is why half the time pitches are thrown, signs given, etc. during the replay). Why the fuck do you continue to cling to this point?

You know who made the wrong call? Tim McLelland. You can clearly see in the video that where Holliday's hand was hit directly where the catcher's foot was; in other words he could not have possibly touched the plate. And you see as well that his arm remained at the side of his body for the remainder of the slide; he did not try to tag the plate with his hand. And you also clearly see that his foot was blocked by the catcher's foot. The video conclusively shows that he didn't tag.

I do not agree.

The only thing you've said is "DUR IT MAKES THE GAME 5 MINUTES LONGER." Oh, and, "DUR THE VIDEO ISN'T ALWAYS CONCLUSIVE AND THAT SOMEHOW MAKES IT WORSE THAN HAVING NO VIDEO AT ALL." Which are both retarded arguments. For the slew of reasons I've already informed you of.

Adding "dur" doesn't make my points any less valid, and nor do I give a shit about "five minutes". I DO give a shit about the replays that will stop the game for several minutes at a time, which DO happen in sports with replay. I have also never said that "inconclusive video is worse than no video", I DID say "video isn't the be-all-end-all that you want it to be.

That would be you, based on the fact that you can't comprehend a simple English phrase such as "they fucking do that in between batters."

No.

Are you fucking joking? I FUCKING KNEW WHAT YOU MEANT, WHICH IS WHY I EXPLAINED WHY THAT POINT IS NOT RELEVANT. Seriously, you need to go back an re-read some of this shit because I already addressed your argument that replays are shown on TV during at bats. REGARDLESS of whether or not you meant to say "They do it between AB's therefore it is quick and easy" (which is such a lame point that I didn't think you were capable of it) OR "they should do it between AB's". IT DOES NOT MATTER BECAUSE THE GAME WOULD HAVE TO BE STOPPED FOR THE REVIEW, EVEN IF IT IS ONLY FOR A SECOND, THAT IS NOT THE SAME AS SHOWING THE VIDEO BETWEEN AB'S (DURING WHICH TIME PLAY CONTINUES).

If this is true, then how the FUCK is THIS:

You:
Not really, they fucking do that in between batters.

AT ALL a relevant response to THIS:

You're still misunderstanding me. I DID NOT SAY THAT THEY SHOULD DO REVIEWS WHILE THE NEXT BATTER IS WALKING UP THE THE PLATE. I DID NOT SAY THIS, STOP SAYING THAT I SAID THIS. KTHX. What I said was that MOST REVIEWS CAN BE DETERMINED IN THE TIME THAT IT TAKES FOR THE NEXT BATTER TO WALK UP TO THE PLATE. Do you see how these two things are different? I was merely implying that most reviews don't take that fucking long to decide.

In the above post, I'm explaining that I'm not saying that I'm suggesting that the review CAN take place in the amount of time that it takes for the batter to get up to the plate. My whole entire supposition of the above post is that most reviews don't take very long and that I never suggested that they should take place during the time the next batter is walking up to the plate. And then you responded by quoting me saying "Not really, they fucking do that in between batters." Exactly what point are you trying to fucking refute by quoting this? It SEEMS like you're trying to say in that quote that reviews SHOULD and COULD be done during that time span. That seems to be the only logical basis with which it would make sense to respond to my post in that fashion.

NO SHIT it stops the game. I never said it didn't. I didn't even remotely suggest that it didn't. You fucking moron. But you know what also stops games? Umpire discussions, the catcher walking up the to mound to discuss something with the pitcher, ditto with the pitching coach and head coach, changing a pitcher, dealing with an injury, etc., etc.

Oh, and it's far from a "lame" point. You are bitching and moaning about game stoppage, and I'm saying that most reviews will not take that long, no longer than it takes for an injury or changing a pitcher or any of the other numerous changes that can be made during the game. This is a perfectly relevant fucking point.

Understand this: I am NOT (NOT) saying that it could not be done between AB'S. I'm saying the fact that TV does it between AB'S is irrelevant because it does not require play to be stopped (which is why half the time pitches are thrown, signs given, etc. during the replay). Why the fuck do you continue to cling to this point?

Listen, you dumbfuck. I NEVER SUGGESTED THAT IT WASN'T GOING TO STOP THE GAME. The point is relevant in so far that it emphasizes the fact that most reviews don't take that long to determine, which will cause minimal game stoppage. I wasn't directly using TV reviews as part of my argument. That should have been abundantly obvious.

I do not agree.

Because you're defending your argument based upon it. :rolleyes:

Adding "dur" doesn't make my points any less valid

No, but your points being completely fucking stupid does.

and nor do I give a shit about "five minutes". I DO give a shit about the replays that will stop the game for several minutes at a time, which DO happen in sports with replay. I have also never said that "inconclusive video is worse than no video", I DID say "video isn't the be-all-end-all that you want it to be.

1) Most reviews won't take "several minutes." It takes football longer because 1) it's based on a team's challenge and 2) you have a retarded referee looking into a little monitor on the field instead of a team of workers dedicated to reviewing plays with more sophisticated technology.

2) I never said video is the be-all-end-all you dumb schmuck. I said IT'S BETTER THAN WHAT WE HAVE NOW, and you said that it wasn't, which it is, which, based on that, only leaves room for you to be implying that "inconclusive video is worse than no video." Basically what I'm saying here is that you're an idiot if you think NOT having video to review is better than having it.

You're right; upon further clarification it turns out that, while it's still you, it's based on the fact that you were too dumb to realize that I wasn't actually using TV reviews as part of my argument and thus you somehow deduced that I didn't think that the game would stop during review sessions.

In the above post, I'm explaining that I'm not saying that I'm suggesting that the review CAN take place in the amount of time that it takes for the batter to get up to the plate. My whole entire supposition of the above post is that most reviews don't take very long and that I never suggested that they should take place during the time the next batter is walking up to the plate. And then you responded by quoting me saying "Not really, they fucking do that in between batters." Exactly what point are you trying to fucking refute by quoting this? It SEEMS like you're trying to say in that quote that reviews SHOULD and COULD be done during that time span. That seems to be the only logical basis with which it would make sense to respond to my post in that fashion.

The point that I've made numerous times so far is that "they do it between batters" has no place in this argument and you're a retard for bringing it up.

NO SHIT it stops the game. I never said it didn't. I didn't even remotely suggest that it didn't. You fucking moron. But you know what also stops games? Umpire discussions, the catcher walking up the to mound to discuss something with the pitcher, ditto with the pitching coach and head coach, changing a pitcher, dealing with an injury, etc., etc.

A.) You did, however, imply that the delay of game would be too short to be an annoyance, which it obviously would be which is why baseball fans don't want a replay. Oh shit!

B.) So since there are already things that delay the game, they should just go ahead and add another one that is unnecessary? That makes a lot of fucking sense. Stop talking.

Oh, and it's far from a "lame" point. You are bitching and moaning about game stoppage, and I'm saying that most reviews will not take that long, no longer than it takes for an injury or changing a pitcher or any of the other numerous changes that can be made during the game. This is a perfectly relevant fucking point.

It's a fucking stupid point because the vast majority of calls do not need review, and the ones that would warrant replay world obviously require more time to analyze than you seem to think.

Because you're defending your argument based upon it. :rolleyes:

Because I form all my opinions based on disagreeing with you. Pull your head out of you own ass, please. You can roll your fucking eyes all you want, it doesn't change the fact that replay video does not completley convince me that Holliday did not touch the plate. I doubt that he did, but I do not think the video is clear enough to justify over-turning the call. Look, whatever you need to tell yourself to think you're right, fine. But that video is NOT conclusive, and I would think so regadless of whether or not you had decided to argue with me about it.

No, but your points being completely fucking stupid does.

The problem here is that I'm right.

1) Most reviews won't take "several minutes." It takes football longer because 1) it's based on a team's challenge and 2) you have a retarded referee looking into a little monitor on the field instead of a team of workers dedicated to reviewing plays with more sophisticated technology.

:lol:

2) I never said video is the be-all-end-all you dumb schmuck. I said IT'S BETTER THAN WHAT WE HAVE NOW, and you said that it wasn't, which it is, which, based on that, only leaves room for you to be implying that "inconclusive video is worse than no video." Basically what I'm saying here is that you're an idiot if you think NOT having video to review is better than having it.

And it isn't enough of an improvment to justify the problems it will cause and has caused in other sports.

You're right; upon further clarification it turns out that, while it's still you, it's based on the fact that you were too dumb to realize that I wasn't actually using TV reviews as part of my argument and thus you somehow deduced that I didn't think that the game would stop during review sessions.

You're a real uppity fuckstick. I know it's hard for you accept being wrong, but in this case you are. Get over it, you fucking queer. Also fuck off. And die.

The moral of this story if that you are wrong, I am right and you should stay the fuck out sports arguments before you embarass yourself further.

The point that I've made numerous times so far is that "they do it between batters" has no place in this argument and you're a retard for bringing it up.

Wow, you're STILL not getting it. I take back anything positive I've ever said about you, because you're clearly just a complete fucking neanderthal with no semblance of intelligence resembling modern man. It wasn't IN the argument. It was a passing comment used to heighten the fact that reviews can be done in a short amount of time, say, oh I don't know, the time it takes for a batter to walk up to the plate. You're a retard for not understanding this and extending a very simple concept into a multilayered petty dispute with no real meaning. I'm sure a quick poll of the rest of the people here will say that you're pretty fucking stupid for not being able to understand this from the beginning, and you apparently still don't.

A.) You did, however, imply that the delay of game would be too short to be an annoyance, which it obviously would be which is why baseball fans don't want a replay. Oh shit!

No I didn't you ponce. Also, I doubt it hasn't been implemented simply because some people might find it annoying.

B.) So since there are already things that delay the game, they should just go ahead and add another one that is unnecessary? That makes a lot of fucking sense. Stop talking.

It IS necessary to get the right fucking calls, which is kind of the entire point of officiating a baseball game, namely, making the right calls. And sometimes, in order to do so, you need to resort to footage instead of rely on memory.

It's a fucking stupid point because the vast majority of calls do not need review, and the ones that would warrant replay world obviously require more time to analyze than you seem to think.

HO. LY. SHIT. Are you now implying that I mean to have EVERY SINGLE PLAY REVIEWED? PLEASE don't tell me this is what you're extracting from my post now, or I might have to hang myself given the knowledge that there can be a person in this world as so completely stupid as you are right now.

Also, many "close call" reviews can most likely be done on the fly, without formal intervention. The booth can simply look back on the play under their own means and see if the runner really was safe/out, for example, without interfering with the game. This is kind of what they do, you know. They look at a play, and if it looks questionable, they look at it again to see if it needs to be reviewed. Then if it does need to be reviewed, they, you know, review it and stop the game.

Because I form all my opinions based on disagreeing with you. Pull your head out of you own ass, please. You can roll your fucking eyes all you want, it doesn't change the fact that replay video does not completley convince me that Holliday did not touch the plate. I doubt that he did, but I do not think the video is clear enough to justify over-turning the call. Look, whatever you need to tell yourself to think you're right, fine. But that video is NOT conclusive, and I would think so regadless of whether or not you had decided to argue with me about it.

Luckily you're not the one that needs to be convinced. Also, you're forgetting that these people won't be looking at two camera angle shots on fucking youtube. I'm not saying that there will never be inconclusive results, but it will be a great aid to the sport in terms of getting some poor calls overturned. Every wrong call is an injustice.

The problem here is that I'm right.

In your own little solipsistic world, yes, I bet you're totally right. I bet you're even the monarch, with a little pink crown and dildo scepter and everything. But in reality, as I'm sure most people who have the endurance to read through your arguments here will be willing to attest, you're full of fucking shit.

Nervous laughter out of fear of not having a proper rebuttal through the internet? Man, that's pretty pathetic.

And it isn't enough of an improvment to justify the problems it will cause and has caused in other sports.

And what are these immense problems aside from potentially making the game lasts for 5 more minutes?

As I've stated before, being able to overrule ONE false call is all the justification that's needed.

You're a real uppity fuckstick. I know it's hard for you accept being wrong, but in this case you are. Get over it, you fucking queer. Also fuck off. And die.

Poll the audience of your own accord. I'm sure you'll find that you don't have much support, or even if they agree with you, they'll likely find the way you go about defending your argument laughable at best.

The moral of this story if that you are wrong, I am right and you should stay the fuck out sports arguments before you embarass yourself further.

You should stay out of anything that involves me in a hostile manner, because it never works out in your favor.

I skipped over most of this crap because your arguments are pretty tired and shitty at this point.

Luckily you're not the one that needs to be convinced.

Luckily the people who actually made decisions in MLB are smarter than you.

In your own little solipsistic world, yes, I bet you're totally right. I bet you're even the monarch, with a little pink crown and dildo scepter and everything. But in reality, as I'm sure most people who have the endurance to read through your arguments here will be willing to attest, you're full of fucking shit.

Oh shit a pink crown? You fucking got me. Thanks for resorting to this nonsense, by the way, because it only serves to show that you don't actually know shit.

Nervous laughter out of fear of not having a proper rebuttal through the internet? Man, that's pretty pathetic.

Laughter because you made a retarded point that deserved to be laughed at.

Poll the audience of your own accord. I'm sure you'll find that you don't have much support, or even if they agree with you, they'll likely find the way you go about defending your argument laughable at best.

I suggest you fucking educate yourself. EVERY YEAR Major League Baseball is presented with the idea of adding replay and EVERY YEAR it is unanimously rejected by the GM's. Most fans and baseball writers are against replay. The people who want it are a small minority. At best, there are people who think it'd be useful for home run calls and MAYBE first base (the only instances where "selling the play" has not become a legitimate part of the game).

You should stay out of anything that involves me in a hostile manner, because it never works out in your favor.

Actually it's worked out pretty well for me right here. For you, not so much. (Also lulz at you trying to sound tough or some shit.)

You have a very inflated opinion of yourself. You shouldn't.

I skipped over most of this crap because your arguments are pretty tired and shitty at this point.

I'm laughing heartily at your abundant stupidity. Why is it impossible for you to understand that my comment was not "in" the argument but rather simply a passing fucking comparative remark? You turned something superfluous into an issue of debate. And of course you didn't read it because it's easier than making an argument.

Luckily the people who actually made decisions in MLB are smarter than you.

You mean more interested in the business aspect of the sport.

Oh shit a pink crown? You fucking got me. Thanks for resorting to this nonsense, by the way, because it only serves to show that you don't actually know shit.

You seem to have caught a draught of the dumb. My comment was in response to you saying "The problem is that I'm right." Am I really supposed to make an elaborate defense to this? There is nothing to defend against. It's just an absurd, unsupported non sequitor. If you don't understand why I didn't make a serious response to you saying "The problem is that I'm right," then there's no hope for you.

Laughter because you made a retarded point that deserved to be laughed at.

It's a valid point. Laughing at it doesn't make it invalid, you invalid. Do you not understand why a challenge from a team as opposed to a self-imposed review by the booth would necessitate a longer review period? Do you not understand why a full panel of experts using vastly superior technology is more likely to get the right call and sooner than a referee on the field looking into a little monitor? If you think that these points are "retarded," then you must not have a pulse. Next time try making an argument to actual points if you're going to attack me for not making an argument against your unfounded self-aggrandizing "I'm right" speech.

I suggest you fucking educate yourself. EVERY YEAR Major League Baseball is presented with the idea of adding replay and EVERY YEAR it is unanimously rejected by the GM's. Most fans and baseball writers are against replay. The people who want it are a small minority. At best, there are people who think it'd be useful for home run calls and MAYBE first base (the only instances where "selling the play" has not become a legitimate part of the game).

Yay appeal to authority. And what is their basis for this? Are they working under the supposition of the ideas that I have proposed, which is what we are here discussing? I can answer the latter question on my own, and the answer is no, so what they say about whatever system of review they are discussing has nothing to do with what I'm saying unless they completely coincide, which I highly doubt. Review can be useful for any ambiguous call. This is patently obvious and easily understood by a toddler.

Actually it's worked out pretty well for me right here. For you, not so much. (Also lulz at you trying to sound tough or some shit.)

You have a very inflated opinion of yourself. You shouldn't.

Again, you're in your own little world here. Outside of your little bubble, merely stating something doesn't make it true. I don't have an inflated opinion of myself; I have a deflated opinion of you. You've totally disgraced and embarrassed yourself here, and not many aside from yourself with disagree with this.

Oh, and where the hell did I try to sound "tough?" Did I threaten to beat you up? I was just rebutting your own bullshit comment.

You just don't know when to quite. Amazing. You obviously can't stand to be disagreed with, but you're going to have to live with it.

Alright:

You mean more interested in the business aspect of the sport.

Oh, and where the hell did I try to sound "tough?" Did I threaten to beat you up? I was just rebutting your own bullshit comment.

I've narrowed your post down to exclude all the crap that you have either repeated over and over again and crap that is nothing but personal attacks (I take it as a compliment that you don't like me, by the way, since I choose not to associate with uppity, self absorbed and angry little nerds like you).

First, how the fuck do you come to the conclusion that it is only the "business" side of the league that has repeatedly rejected replay? Furthermore, how the fuck does not implementing video aid the business side of the sport if, as you say, video would only go to improve the game?

Second, "you should avoid getting into hostile crap with me blah blah". Notice I said "tough or some shit", since, as far as I know, there is no adjective for "Looks like a total e-badass pwner".

Bottom line is this: There is no replay, and there most likely won't be. I've already told you why this is true. My stance on this issue is reflected by that of MLB. Obviously there is more to my argument than just my own pesonal opinion.

(Also lulz at you thinking that your "proposal" is anything new that hasn't been considered by MLB.)

Oh, and one other thing, since you seem very concerned with the other posters on this board agreeing with you. I got these two PM's. I'm not going to say who sent them, since they were intended to be private, but if the guy who sent them wants to step up, that's cool.

You ever notice arguing with that dumbfuck Necuratul is like arguing with dave? He just doesn't get it.

Yeah I completely agree with you on the instant reply bullshit. I can't fucking stand it in football man. It's like, some dickhead coach is praying that some dumbass ref will overturn a call for no reason. Not to mention, when an offense is going it totally fucks up their momentum which is a huge part of the game. All the instant replay/booth review shit does is make the refs themselves second guess EVERY call, not to mention makes them call bs calls because they are afraid if they dont make a call then it's going to come back and make them look bad. It's just alot of bullshit, play the goddamn game and get over it.

But whatever, Necuratul is a fucking bitch.