The thing you hate most about metal?

The people that think the most hardcore band in the world is Slipknot, and they go around in public with a shitload of piercings and a badass attitude, sporting their latest attire from Hot Topic...

In my opinion, they are no better than the wiggers...

Reactions: Fourka
The people that think the most hardcore band in the world is Slipknot, and they go around in public with a shitload of piercings and a badass attitude, sporting their latest attire from Hot Topic...

My thoughts exactly.

SHITY bands get attention (cradle of filth, dummy burger, dark tranquility, in flames etc) and high quality bands dont get attention
regressive bands are considered by the crowd , progressive ( dream theater, opeth)
everyone likes the cheesier of each gengre (more like swedish melodic death than us brutal death, more like euro cheese power metal than usa quality MALE power metal)
and cradle of filth...they must perish in sickening vomit
fans must give attention to underground power metal bands and progressive bands (defyance is a good example, cauldron born another) and not to what is promoted in metal websites and everyone is talking about it ...someone must give the today's metalhead PERSONALITY in thinking ..

Basically, wannabe fans who think they're all with it by listening to Mudvayne and Slipknot. And think by dressing in a certain way, that makes them more genuine.

Bands who think they're hardcore.

Right now, I'm pissed off since the concert I was supposed to go to during the summer isn't permitting minors, no now I'm screwed. They should make all underground concerts open to all ages.

Also yes, when bands change their music for the sake of selling out.

Slaughter Of The Soul said:
I hate the closeminded metallers, plus the Nu-metal fans that think that are the biggest metal fans and find nu-metal heavy.

I hate it when bands enter the mainstream and change their sound just for sale.

exacly how i feel.

Hmm lets see...

Well, I too hate people who go around thinking they are Metalheads just because they listen to stuff like Slipknot and so on...
And I too hate bands selling out for the sake of making more money (*ehem* Dimmu Borgir *ehem*).

But I cant really say I hate anything that has a direct connection to Metal...

I can't stand close-minded purists. "Oh, keyboards and orchestras aren't tr00! If you're not[insert style of metal here], you're not metal! I only listen [insert style of metal here] and nothing else!" That annoys the hell outta me! When did it become a crime for me to listen to Motley Crue and afterwards, listen to Kreator or Possessed? Also those damn wanna-be posers who get a million piercings, covered in tatoos, shop at a place like Hot Topic and buy Slipknot, Mudvayne, Korn and especially Metallica and think they're all metal and tough.