The thing you hate most about metal?

I really cant say as I hate much about metal as it is one of my favorite hobbies. However I dont care for constant negativity though. While this board (and others) is designed for opinions, I personally don't get a whole lot out of "such and such sucks." I could have done something else for those couple of seconds it took me to read that bit of nothingness.

Bryant

inflamer said:
I get that all the time and i dont even wear black every day

OH FUCK, I fucking hate that, and I am not a chick that dressing looking GOTH when I go out...I may wear black but their is a huge, distinguishable difference in how I look, and a GOTH, yeah that is truly annoying!! It is the ignorants who do not know any better...

Eating Your Skull said:
I hate people who hate black metal and always bad mouth it, even though they could never play or write it. I'm not saying they have to like it, but they should respect the bands as musicians.

BAnds Id define as black metalish:
Noctuary
Emperor isnt bad
Dissection
Old Man's Child
Summoning
...etc.

I can't respect most of the genre's output because the insane speed with shitty production cancels it out. If it was possible to acctually decipher the material a more accurate judgement might be possible. But I could definitly see how people could come to such conclusions.

As far as something I hate about metal... Malmsteen and his egotistical sheep. All of the wannabees and the cokehead himself. Im sick of wanking. It is not impressive. It is masturbating with an instrument. Anyone could do it, but who the hell wants to sit in their house all day doing boring technique exercises? If some of these people could overcome their awe and learn music theory they would see how laughable malsteen is as a composer. Which doesn;t make it bad music necessarily. I just think that its not about the music and more about exercise/strength straining. I mean Malmsteen has a horrible sense of rhythm. Its countless bars of the same rhythm. If thats your thing whatever. Don't let it give you an ego.

The worst thing is when people forget that musical taste is subjective.

I also dislike people who do not consider Power Metal a form of Extreme Metal, or think it is not "trooo" or "kVUlT", I fucking love Power Metal and I will admit that, openly, haha...Some of it is awefully cheesy, but it is great....

like Finland's SONATA ARCTICA...Their lyrics alone make you laugh your ass off!

Geeks and metal elitist snobs. I've been around metal fans who act as if they are little kids showing off their new Transformers when it comes to showing their music collection.

Ive been reading everyones post and Im seeing such hipocritsm! (spelled wrong, i dont give a shit) You hate posers....posers dont like you. Its almost like a racist thing goin on now! Goths and wannabees...yea, I really do dislike them, but many of them have NO IDEA what real metal is, and for the ones who know what it is but still think their hardcore for listining to Mudvayne and slipknot are the closeminded. The ones who havent even heard good metal, are just listening to whats available, they dont know that real metal even exists! I was just like them for example, I used to be all into nu-metal..and yes, I thought I was badass... Until I stumbled on dark tranquillity and in flames. That was what got me started in the metal genre, and IM still finding more music all the time. When I let someone hear Opeth, or In Flames (old), no ones ever heard of it! Can you blame them? The music industry in America atleast sucks. Good bands dont get the attention they deserve. I HATE nu-metal with a passion I might add, but to some people, thats the best music they know.

Whats up with everyone hating Hot-Topic! that store kicks ass, Im not a goth or anything, but its the coolest store to where I live. It doesnt matter what you look like, I have friends who dress from thet place and love metal.

Yeah you have a valid point, unfortunately it will not change most peoples personal views. Metal should not be such a close-minded topic, but hey, there will always be the "superior" Metal Head, or so they say, that think they are all-knowing.

christcrusher said:
The thing that pisses me off the most about Metal is the chicks/whores that go to shows just to try and fuck someone. This is completely wrong and makes a bad name/reputation for the chicks that have something to offer and who are there to review/interview and enjoy the show...

There has been groupies ever since there has been Metal, but I wish some of these chicks would try and utilize half a brain, and think about what they are doing...

That, and I don't like people into Metal who are closeminded...it is ok to be closeminded to a certain extent, but not badmouthing other Metal Heads for their genre preferences. There is few enough of us as it is...

I love those chics. :hotjump: Their should be more of it. Metal Sluts Rule! \m/

Yeah, and most all of them are nasty, horrific whores....I KNOW I am one of the few refined Metal Chicks that has one boyfriend and does not fuck around...Hey, and if I wanted to fuck every band member I could get my hands on, that would not be a problem for me in the slightest...That is just not what being a Chick into Metal is all about...Mine as well be a prostitute.

Reactions: sh0kr0k
christcrusher said:
Yeah, and most all of them are nasty, horrific whores....I KNOW I am one of the few refined Metal Chicks that has one boyfriend and does not fuck around...Hey, and if I wanted to fuck every band member I could get my hands on, that would not be a problem for me in the slightest...That is just not what being a Chick into Metal is all about...Mine as well be a prostitute.

AMEN! I agree 100% and it's great that there are other females who enjoy both metal and a clean lifestyle (as far as the topic of sex goes)! It does seem that there are only very few girls who genuinely enjoy the music these days. I constantly run into girls that say they love metal, yet they are also there for the men (and who would admit such a thing anyways?!) Bah! :yell: I've got my sweetheart and my dignity - that's all I need! :)

~Sh0k~

SH0K: That was fuckin perfectly put. I just so happen to be one of those chicks into Metal that truly enjoys the scene, the music, and everything that goes along with it. I am proud to be with a great guy from a well respected band (Vehemence), and I am equally as proud to write for a fucking great website (Metal Judgment) :tickled: . These whores are there for the men because they are so ass ugly they can't get a guy outside the scene, and some guys are more desperate than ever!! Haha, all I know is when I meet a chick who "says" she is into Metal, it is almost never true, and they never know their shit. Some chicks just like to be yesterday's garbage.

:hotjump:

CC: Wow, that's awesome that you are contributing to the "scene" (for lack of a better term) by writing for the website! There needs to be decent female representation by gals who are credible! I'm assuming you know your shit, so that's great! :)

I've been in this discussion before with many people from all across the net, and it never fails to spark an argument and a bunch of girls chiming in with "I like to dress 'nice' at shows because it makes me feel sexy, not cuz I want to fuck the band - I really do like Iced Guardian!" :Smug:

I've met quite a few decent genuine metal gals (mostly here on UM) but unfortunately it's rather like finding the needle in the haystack. Maybe that's why I don't get along with my girls who "like metal" :p

I think I'll leave it at that.. all I have to say about the topic has been said before and I'm in no mood to start a debate.

~Sh0k~

HAHAHA yeah, indeed, SHOKROK- What you said is very true, and I love to hear women in Metal that have truth to what they are saying. I do know my shit, when it comes to Metal, and I have Metal Judgment to thank for letting me write for almost a year at the site now!

However, this diccussion is almost impossible on the net with other people. Especially chicks that think they know their shit. I leave it alone mostly, but it is great to see a chick, such as yourself, that is genuine and honest!

CHEERS:)