The thing you hate most about metal?

i have the same problems as laura pretty much here, although there are a group of people that like the same music as me in st.neots but im only sorta an aqquaintance with some of them, not good friends, im too shy to go up and start speaking to people

Harp Heaven said:
The haters:

Oh, this sucks, that sucks, I HATE DIMMU BORGIR CUZ THEY SOLD OUT, TEHY R NOT METAL!, I HATE POP, HATE RAP, HATE MY LIFE, HATE THE IGNORANT POSERS WHO DO NOT LISTEN TO DARKTHRONE AND ANAAL NAKRATH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1 TR00 METL FOREVAH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!111111

The "intellectual" metal fans:

Hmm...very interesting. I can definitely see a correlation between the lyrics of this extreme kvlt band and the nihilistic philosophies of Nietzche. I guess I must like it then!

The underground elitists

Why does noone listen to my obscure death metal bands, you ask? That`s because you all are being misled by the corporate propaganda spewed out by mainstream labels like Nuclear Blast and Metal Blade. They want you to listen to faggotry with clean production and discernible chords!!!!!!!!!!!!

HARP
You summed up my feelings very nicely, several examples of this mentality earlier in this thread, the more people proclaim their TR00 ness the more they expose thier ignorance.........sad but true :Spin:

I don't want to sound too ignorant, but I have just started to get into Metal. I wanted to find music that summed up my feelings and put me in a certain mood. I wanted to find art. I dug deep. I dug and I dug. Sadly, I haven't found much Metal that doesn't give some reference to Satan. It's honestly pathetic. Can someone tell these people that Satan doesn't exsist? Can someone tell them that God doesn't exsist? Can someone tell them that religion and worship is for ignorant, common people festering under the shit hole of Popular Culture? Where is the emotion?---originality?

I don't understand it. The fans that indulge themselves in this crud think they are all evil and cool. Yes, it's so cool to worship something that is as childish as the bands that write about it.

Santa and the Easter Bunny. It's just as worse as singing about and worshipping that. Fucking Santanic retards.

I have had it.

Let's put some burning skulls on our CD and sing about killing Christians, shall we? What fun. People need to get a clue. Music is an artform. I sledom see a band that can portray the beauties of music as an art without boring me with their religious antics. It's so trite.

I am not stereotyping ALL Metal as Satanic. It's just that a lot of it is crap for people who are not intelligent and think like every other human in the world, with ambitions and an image they need to put on. Of course, if you really do believe in Satan or even God, get help. You seriously do need it. Bands and people in general need to think for themselves. Be an individualist. It wouldn't hurt. Do you want to be like everyone else in the World?---I have a wife/husband, I have kids, and I want to grow old and die to go on to Heaven. News flash, nothing you people follow is real. Make your own theories. Musicians and people alike, interest me, will you!?

Well, sorry if my basic level of thinking offended anyone. I just wanted to get out some of the feelings I had. Ugh.

I really just hate all people.

Things i hate about metal:

Closeminded Idiots
"True" idiots
Elitist idiots
Kids that are idiots
Satanic idiots
"You sold out" idiots
Goth "... i'm so dark and depressed" idiots
"I only listen to metal and everything else sucks" idiots
"New metal sucks and i hate it although i never listened to it" idiots
"If it doesnt have solos then it isnt metal" idiots

Disturbed4ntics said:
I don't want to sound too ignorant, but I have just started to get into Metal. I wanted to find music that summed up my feelings and put me in a certain mood. I wanted to find art. I dug deep. I dug and I dug. Sadly, I haven't found much Metal that doesn't give some reference to Satan. It's honestly pathetic. Can someone tell these people that Satan doesn't exsist? Can someone tell them that God doesn't exsist? Can someone tell them that religion and worship is for ignorant, common people festering under the shit hole of Popular Culture? Where is the emotion?---originality?

I don't understand it. The fans that indulge themselves in this crud think they are all evil and cool. Yes, it's so cool to worship something that is as childish as the bands that write about it.

Santa and the Easter Bunny. It's just as worse as singing about and worshipping that. Fucking Santanic retards.

I have had it.

Let's put some burning skulls on our CD and sing about killing Christians, shall we? What fun. People need to get a clue. Music is an artform. I sledom see a band that can portray the beauties of music as an art without boring me with their religious antics. It's so trite.

I am not stereotyping ALL Metal as Satanic. It's just that a lot of it is crap for people who are not intelligent and think like every other human in the world, with ambitions and an image they need to put on. Of course, if you really do believe in Satan or even God, get help. You seriously do need it. Bands and people in general need to think for themselves. Be an individualist. It wouldn't hurt. Do you want to be like everyone else in the World?---I have a wife/husband, I have kids, and I want to grow old and die to go on to Heaven. News flash, nothing you people follow is real. Make your own theories. Musicians and people alike, interest me, will you!?

Well, sorry if my basic level of thinking offended anyone. I just wanted to get out some of the feelings I had. Ugh.

I really just hate all people.

If you didn't want to sound ignorant, why did you post? No reason to reply if you don't know what the fuck you're talking about.

Some of the things I said there probably came off ignorant. I know this. I see most of what I said as generally correct though. Popular Culture is filled with nothing but the pathetic human race I hate so much(I even hate myself). Enough said. And, most of what I have found in Metal mentions something about some form of religion(Usually Satanism). It's the same with other genres, too. I really don't like that. It's not original to talk about or worship something that doesn't exsist. It's been done millions of times before.

Anyway, my opinion. I am just expressing myself with certain patterns I have witnessed. Don't get all bent out of shape. I like to evaluate things then share what I think. If you don't like it, don't listen. Simple. I like to think about these sorts of things in my own secluded world. I still have a lot to learn about life, but for now, my views still make a lot of sense to me. :)

Disturbed4ntics said:
Anyway, my opinion. I am just expressing myself with certain patterns I have witnessed. Don't get all bent out of shape. I like to evaluate things then share what I think. If you don't like it, don't listen. Simple. I like to think about these sorts of things in my own secluded world. I still have a lot to learn about life, but for now, my views still make a lot of sense to me. :)

I didn't get bent out of shape. What you said was so far beyond ignorance it's catastophic.

The thing that pisses me off the most about Metal is the chicks/whores that go to shows just to try and fuck someone. This is completely wrong and makes a bad name/reputation for the chicks that have something to offer and who are there to review/interview and enjoy the show...

There has been groupies ever since there has been Metal, but I wish some of these chicks would try and utilize half a brain, and think about what they are doing...

That, and I don't like people into Metal who are closeminded...it is ok to be closeminded to a certain extent, but not badmouthing other Metal Heads for their genre preferences. There is few enough of us as it is...

inflamer said:
Things i hate about metal:

Closeminded Idiots
"True" idiots
Elitist idiots
Kids that are idiots
Satanic idiots
"You sold out" idiots
Goth "... i'm so dark and depressed" idiots
"I only listen to metal and everything else sucks" idiots
"New metal sucks and i hate it although i never listened to it" idiots
"If it doesnt have solos then it isnt metal" idiots
Good one. :D
But you forgot the 'bands with chicks are not metal' idiots.

Oh, and btw, it's 'tr00', not 'true'. :p

The people who respond with 'Oh, you're goth, then.' when I say I like metal. Maybe this is just a San Antonio phenomenon?

Also, the people who say 'Oh, like Living Color' when I say I like black metal. I hope they don't think they're being cute...

Oops, almost forgot one. The people who assume I can't possibly be as grim, kvlt, nekkro and tr00 as they are, due to my being afflicted with femaleness. Bah.