The Thread Where You Talk About Music You Like

Can anyone recommend me some brutal death (something along the lines of Suffocation)? I'm really liking Disavowed, Pyaemia and Emeth at the moment, despite their lack of originality

Whoa I am clearly behind on this thread!

Uh...hi!

@Crimson: Well...Figure Number Five was my first metal CD (how metal it is I won't discuss, though, for fear of argument), so it holds a place in my heart, for sure. Pretty much all of their stuff is good, except Stabbing The Drama, which is awful.

Also...random recommendation time yet again (with a free track):

Silexater...obscure, really underground, raw, melodic black metal...very focused, nicely developing...good vocals, interesting riffing...check it out.

"Dreamwalk" off the Mad Sorcer demo.

Gallantry over Docility said:
I'm quite enjoying Arrival of the Funeral Dogs by Khert Neter, they do the epic groovy old-school thing pretty well, with their own added touch. Surprised they're not more popular, actually.

I'm going to start putting downloadable tracks up on YouSendIt when I can be bothered, here's a Khert Neter one:
http://s12.yousendit.com/d.aspx?id=3JCM7418IZYW107CZ8ENPACI13

pretty good, but I feel like i've already heard it before.

no thoughts, but: punish my haven - dark tranquillity live, fuckin rulz
what about your sig? in flames aren't gay, they just changed throughout the years, but their new album is about to get a bit more guitar melody and not that electronic stuff, i think t´hat arer great news, no?

Phish said:
what about your sig? in flames aren't gay, they just changed throughout the years, but their new album is about to get a bit more guitar melody and not that electronic stuff, i think t´hat arer great news, no?

Their new album will be just as cliche and generic as what they've been doing. Every band that has sold out says that their next album will be a mix of their new style and their roots. It never is. And what I've heard from their new stuff is absolute shit, not even worth trying to listen to. "Evil In A Closet?" Really, shut up In Flames.

Phish said:

no.

Been listening to Beherit - The Oath of Black Blood, Burzum/Aske Split, Darkthrone - Soulside Journey, A Blaze in the Northern Sky, Transylvanian Hunger, The Chasm - Deathcult for Eternity, Procession to the Infraworld, Amorphis - The Karelian Isthmus, Melechesh - Sphynx etc. Just basically going through my cd collection.

Gallantry over Docility said:
While I wait I'm having a nostalgic listen to one of my ex-favourite songs, Restless Oblivion by Anathema. It's still quite fun, pretty shit though to be fair. In case you were interested.
*pretty excellent

hth

I've been listening to:

Loud Pipes - Downhill Blues
Disarmonia Mundi - Nebularium
Catasexual Urge Motivation/Negligent Collateral Collapse - Split
Ahlzagailzehguh - Black Destination
Merzbow - Metalvelodrome
Navicon Torture Technologies - The Arrow & The Wound
Benighted Leams - Astral Tenebrion
Arzachel - Arzachel
Crebain/Leviathan - Split

Bought these the other day:

Ad Hominem - Climax Of Hatred
Deathspell Omega - Kénôse
Glorior Belli - Ô Laudate Dominvs
Hell Militia - Canonisation Of The Foul Spirit
Ondskapt - Dödens Evangelium
Ofermod - Mysterion Tes Anomias
Pest (Ger) - Vado Mori

Best picks are DsO, Glorior Belli and Ondskapt.