The Thread Where You Talk About Music You Like

While I wait I'm having a nostalgic listen to one of my ex-favourite songs, Restless Oblivion by Anathema. It's still quite fun, pretty shit though to be fair. In case you were interested.

Hmm... Even when I was an Opeth fanboy, I didn't really like Anathema or new Amorhpis. The Karelian Isthmus on the other hand is a great album.

I'm still not getting enoguh of Kenose. Then again I only posted that message awhile ago. :D

I always had a passing interest in Anathema, and I've loved almost everything ever released by Amorphis, from DM to goth-rock.

Kenose is meh. Some cool riffs, but it's amazing how many riffs this band can go through without changing moods at all.

Not to mention that the end of the first song could have come straight off of a fucking Tool album.

anonymousnick2001 said:
What do you mean by that, Cynical? Is it weird, or sludgey, or pretentious, or what?
Nah, it's an acoustic riff that's just like the acousting ones that Tool peppers their albums with.

Having Mikko whispering in a "creepy" during this doesn't help things, nor does him FUCKING BREATHING INTO THE GODDAMN MIC at the beginning.