The Thread Where You Talk About Music You Like

Christie_fell said:
YES! Tyr are fucking excellent

YES! I'm not alone! :tickled:

I've also been listening to Manticora's 8 Deadly Sins and Code's Noveau Gleaming(sic?)...Code features Vicotnik of DHG and Ved Buens Ende (so you know it's going to be good)

Just got back into Novembre. They're cool in their own way. Not as Opeth-like as one would imagine, but still has that similar aesthetic and beauty of presentation.

Novembre is kind of interesting

I've been listening to these lately:

-Benighted Leams (the more I listen, the more I like...fucked the fuck up BM..unlike any BM you have ever heard)
-Wombbath (yes! more kickass old-school death metal)
-Azoikum (evil power electronics...nuff said)
-Bohren Und Der Club Of Gore (death jazz is what they apparently dub themselves...really ploddy and creepy...like jazz played at a funeral pace...hm...funeral jazz...)
-Navicon Torture Technologies (all-star noise/power electronics...very perverse, very insane)
-Wreck Of The Hesperus (dirge-y, drone-y, doom-y, sludge-y...what more could you want from a band?!)
-Balzac (uh...Misfits-like punk from a random Japanese band! awesome!)
-The Number Twelve Looks Like You (wtf screamo/hardcore/whatever with DEATH VOCALS, SOLOS, ETC....their new CD is fucking GOOD)
-Dälek (industrial rap/hip-hop? what...the...fuck, this rules)

OK I'm done having a weird musical taste...for NOW! Until next post, that is!

Guthrum said:
Bohren Und Der Club of Gore reminds me of Ulver. Mainly Perdition City. Thanks for mentioning them.

Yeah they sort of do!

Wombbath...sort of generic once you listen more...but they have a cool name! And old-school Swerdish death is badass any way you slice it...so GET IT.

Somehow I pride myself on it. Mainly I'm straight metal though, heheh. Nah, I just seriously like most genres of modern music...you don't see many people who say that and mean it, nowadays, eh?

Guthrum said:
Bohren Und Der Club of Gore reminds me of Ulver. Mainly Perdition City. Thanks for mentioning them.

It's like a less dense version of Perdition City... really enjoying this. V^5, you need to randomly recommend obscure shit more often.

Uh...look around this thread, dude. Every now and then I spout off random bands like it's my job.

Glad you enjoyed something I recommended...

V.V.V.V.V. said:
Somehow I pride myself on it. Mainly I'm straight metal though, heheh.
Yeah, right. Everytime we talk about what we're listening to it's always fucking noise you kike. Either noise or some weird Black Mayo.

V.V.V.V.V. said:
Uh...look around this thread, dude. Every now and then I spout off random bands like it's my job.

I figured you were just drunk in the internet and spouting gibberish :loco:

Stabat Mater is fucking awesome. So bloody unnerving. The Mournful Congregation side of this split is fucking awesome too, but damn... Mikko has that VOICE.