The Thread Where You Talk About Music You Like

I think the non-musical parts of Averse Sefira add to the mood, I don't find them too annoying. I do, however, think they're a tad overrated - the way Prozak and co. go on about them might make you think they're transcendent masters of the genre, whilst in reality they just verge upon greatness. I recommend Antaeus (specifically Cut Your Flesh... as I don't have any others) as the savage counterpart to Averse Sefira's more calculated work - there are similarities between them.

Gallantry over Docility said:
(specifically Cut Your Flesh... as I don't have any others)
Keep it that way. Their later work was more focused on almost Pantera-esque rhythm and groove.

If you can find an mp3 copy of Supremacist Dawn, though, you'd be well advised to download it.

Antaeus... good songwriting, but I just can't enjoy it - too militant and violent.

I recommend Merrimack. I downloaded it at random from a guy on soulseek and it's great stuff. Guitar tone is sort of hard to describe, kinda similar to Havohej, but the riffs are juts absolutely fucked up. Check it out.

Death in June's albums "Brown Book" and "Nada!" are really cool. I much prefer this stuff to their later, more blatantly folky material, mostly due to the fact that those later albums seem to have about 3 cool songs each surrounded by generic identikit tracks.

Gallantry over Docility said:
It's also fully fucking boring, I might add. Take that as a stab at your lovely thread if you like. ;)

haha you have like 500 posts in this thread fawning over a lot of bands you can't stab it. it doesn't bleed. it has no life force.

let's resolve this argument

np: a band i like - a song i like by them

lol!!

kmik said:
I recommend Merrimack. I downloaded it at random from a guy on soulseek and it's great stuff. Guitar tone is sort of hard to describe, kinda similar to Havohej, but the riffs are juts absolutely fucked up. Check it out.

Yes, I'll back this recommendation. One of the best French bands, yet they get very little recognition.

anonymousnick2001 said:
Trying to get back into Kayo Dot. Any suggestions on ho to approach the material?

Sitting in a bath of jelly with a racoon in one hand and a toothbrush in the other, singing along to showtunes.

It was working well until the raccoon bit me. That fucker...made a nice cap though.

I'll try again tomorrow night with a girl raccoon. Any particular showtunes I should try?

Oh, I also just rediscovered Symphony X. Amazing stuff.