The Thread Where You Talk About Music You Like

Erik said:
How did Runemagick, Mournful Congregation and Cianide work out for you?

I am yet to fully hear Runemagick's sound, save for a few songs (like the ones you recommended). I'll probably sample one of their albums. Which album would be worth checking out if i wanted death metal that varies it's pace from slow, doom-laden passages to mid-tempo, thrashing.

Mournful Congregation's material from their compilation, The Dawning Of Mournful Hymns didn't really much for me as tends to drag on without keeping me interested like Thergothon. Though i am willing to give them another chance.

Cianide's The Dying Truth sounded pretty good with it's influence of Hellhammer/Celtic Frost but it's flawed by being a bit too predictable.

Have you heard Asphyx?

I have heard some of the very early Asphyx material. I've been meaning to get some of their albums like "The Rack", but haven't as of yet. Very, very good stuff though.

A good Runemagick album to start with would probably be "Requiem of the Apocalypse" though they haven't really written a weak album yet. "Requiem..." stays mostly within mid-tempo death metal but has some slower doom bits as well as occasional speed-ups as well.

As you say, Mournful Congregation is nothing in comparison to Thergothon or other better bands like that. However, as I wrote earlier, I've been told that their new one "The Monad of Creation" is better by several orders of magnitude. Have yet to check that full album out.

Erik said:
I have heard some of the very early Asphyx material. I've been meaning to get some of their albums like "The Rack", but haven't as of yet. Very, very good stuff though.

if you like Asphyx make sure you check out Soulburn's Feeding on Angels....it's pretty much the same band....killer cd with huge riffs

Doomwatcher said:
I really am curious to hear diSEMBOWELMENt's second demo, Deep Sensory Procession Into Aural Fate, though i would hate to spend $4950 on CDs that has the demo copied onto them.

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=307&item=4736103845&rd=1&ssPageName=WD2V
WHAT IN THE NAME OF UNHOLY FUCK!?
EDIT: Oh, he's actually selling all 1000 in one lot. Makes a little more sense then, but... not much.

Oh, and I just bought "The Rack" and "God Cries" by Asphyx. On tape. For 1 euro each. About the best I can do, since "The Rack" on CD is hopelessly out of print.

Perhaps a wealthy label would be generous enough to purchase that lot but that's only wishful thinking.

Prepare to be disappointed by God Cries since it's hardcore-ish as opposed to the band's other output.

The song I heard from Caligionsosuousouossu Romantic Myth by that band was about the worst fucking piece of shite I've ever had the displeasure of hearing.

The Rack is an awesome album. One of my favourites. Evocation and the title track are really great songs. No other Asphyx stuff is worth bothering with though. I'll check out Soulburn, if it's similar it can't be bad.

Power metal rediscovery! Wooooooo!

Jag Panzer, Tad Morose, Sanctuary, Gamma Ray, Falconer, Elvenking, Helstar, Stratovarius, and BLIND FUCKING GUARDIAN!!!!

anonymousnick2001 said:
Power metal rediscovery! Wooooooo!

Jag Panzer, Tad Morose, Sanctuary, Gamma Ray, Falconer, Elvenking, Helstar, Stratovarius, and BLIND FUCKING GUARDIAN!!!!

Fucking A! Every band...fucking excellent :headbang:

It's really the best ballad ever. I really like that part: "with sunlight in her hair she smile's like she don't care her dreams are liquid blue... I cut myself again and again to remind myself of youuu'