The Thread Where You Talk About Music You Like

Dodens Grav said:
god how the fuck do you people even find the internet

:lol:

I've been listening to First Utterance by Comus lately. It's a lot better than I expected and weirder than I expected as well.

here's a few of my favs

Arch Enemy, Black Label Society
Black Sabbath, Dream Theater
In Flames, Iron Maiden
Judas Priest, Led Zeppelin
Megadeth, Metallica
Michael Angelo, Nevermore
Opeth, Ozzy
Pantera, Pink Floyd
Shadows Fall, Velvet Revolver

I am currently listening to:
Symphony X
Russel allens solo album atomic soul
Dreamtheater
Trivium
God Forbid
Mastadon
some meshuggah
Avenged Sevenfold

and of course Led Zeppelin and all the other classic rock groups.

anonymousnick2001 said:
I've recently rediscovered my love for country music, like Alan Jackson or George Strait.

Also:

Black Metal

...and Oceans - Into The Dynamic Gallery of Thoughts
Einherjer - Aurora Borealis
Astriaal - Summoning the Essence of Ancient Wisdom
Windir - Soknardalr
Dryados - L'amour N'enleve Pas Vraiment La Depression

Thrash Metal

G//Z/R - Plastic Planet
Death Angel - The Art of Dying
Kreator - Coma of Souls

Death Metal

Fleshcrawl
Dismember
Therion
Entombed
Trivium
Eucharist

hell yes, therion is the shit, saw them live at ppusa and they rocked

Recently rediscovered Dark Tranquillity's Skydancer. Aside from Anders Friden's stupid Grover growling, absolutely beautiful.

Ernte Im Herbst was a good isten as well.

Can't get enough of the doom metal, though. My Dying Bride, Nortt, Thergothon, Skepticism, Esoteric, Warhorse, Eyes of Ligeia, Candlemass, Disembowelment, all soooooo goooooooood.

DOOOOOOOOOOOO[...]OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOM!

anonymousnick2001 said:
Can't get enough of the doom metal, though. My Dying Bride, Nortt, Thergothon, Skepticism, Esoteric, Warhorse, Eyes of Ligeia, Candlemass, Disembowelment, all soooooo goooooooood.
I've recently discovered doom. It is A LOT different than I thought it would be. It's almost... alternative. Anathema and My Dying Bride are great, I can't get enough of them and will be buying one of their CD's to. I love Jesu also, and they are more what I expected the genre to be like. I recently rediscovered your avatar too. That CD is beyond a masterpiece.

Wow, I was off. The newer My Dying Bride stuff completely surprised me, but the one from 1992 (?, can't remember what its called) seemed more metal to me.

I did some research and the name of the song I heard was The whore, the cook, and the mother. That is probably not something I would listen to on a regular basis, but definitely when I wanna relax. I'll just pick up As the Flower withers next time I'm out. Do you think you could send me sear me over instant messenger or something?

Edit- I can't find any Evoken or Unholy. Is Evoken even a band anymore? It said their new album (from 2004) would be released in a few months on their site...

I've been listening to a lot of Death's "Symbolic" as of late. Along with some Atheist and Necrophagist. Today, however, I've been hooked on Gorguts. Inoculated Life has been stuck in my head FOREVER.