The Thread Where You Talk About Music You Like

Thats good. I like the strings at the beginning, and the vocals kick ass. Thanks.

Some bands I really like:

Blind Guardian, Iced Earth (pre-Ripper), Persuader, Testament, Destroyer 666, Primal Fear, Carcass, Savage Circus, Gamma Ray, Wintersun, Grave Digger, Arsis, Demons & Wizards, Sonata Arctica, Coroner, Stormwarrior, Hammerfall, Ensiferum, Jag Panzer, Sepultura (old), Megadeth (old), Helloween (old), ....

Listening to Thergothon's Stream From The Heavens and loving it. I've also been listening to Skepticisim's Stormcrowfleet and it's not quite as good as I had hoped. Maybe a few more listens will change that.

Episteme said:
The Ruins of Beverast and Glorior Belli have been rocking me.

Those are great recent bands, I've been listening to both a lot lately as well. I think Bekhira's new album is of similar quality.

Holy hell, reliving my favorite album of my early years haha. Skid Row - Slave to the Grind.

This is such a fucking throwback, I remember headbanging to this when I was three. Hahaha.

I have to pick up their self-titled soon. Shit. So much fun.

anonymousnick2001 said:
I've recently rediscovered my love for country music, like Alan Jackson or George Strait.

Also:

Black Metal

...and Oceans - Into The Dynamic Gallery of Thoughts
Einherjer - Aurora Borealis
Astriaal - Summoning the Essence of Ancient Wisdom
Windir - Soknardalr
Dryados - L'amour N'enleve Pas Vraiment La Depression

Thrash Metal

G//Z/R - Plastic Planet
Death Angel - The Art of Dying
Kreator - Coma of Souls

Death Metal

Fleshcrawl
Dismember
Therion
Entombed
Trivium
Eucharist

Uh Trivium's definitely not death metal.

Ex-cally-boo said:
Holy hell, reliving my favorite album of my early years haha. Skid Row - Slave to the Grind.

This is such a fucking throwback, I remember headbanging to this when I was three. Hahaha.

I have to pick up their self-titled soon. Shit. So much fun.

Skid Row rocks my ass off! The best "hair" band ever, and the only one that was truly metal.

MasterOLightning said:
Star of Ash! This is much better than I expected. Picked it up along with an actual copy of Lykathea Aflame. Maybe if they find out they sold 12 albums this month, they'll get to work on a new album.

They are at work on a new album, apparently it is about 80% written with hopes that it will be recorded in Summer 2006. At the moment they are searching for a vocalist as well as some other players. Corn will be on drums and Ptoe is still writing all the music \m/.

J Mann said:
They are at work on a new album, apparently it is about 80% written with hopes that it will be recorded in Summer 2006. At the moment they are searching for a vocalist as well as some other players. Corn will be on drums and Ptoe is still writing all the music \m/.

That's great news. Thanks for the update. I thought Ptoe did the vocals, but they were sort of meh anyway. Certainly the least interesting part of the music. Corn is such a badass.

J Mann said:

sweet! :headbang:

MasterOLightning said:
That's great news. Thanks for the update. I thought Ptoe did the vocals, but they were sort of meh anyway. Certainly the least interesting part of the music. Corn is such a badass.

Indeed. He is also in another band called Solfernus, but the full-length he recorded with them hasn't been released yet.

As far as the vocals of LA, I would generally agree, although he is quite good at the brutal vox they were never anything unique or original. I have read in interviews that Ptoe's favorite vocalist is Garm so I wonder if he is searching for someone like that, and btw the new band name is still Lykathe so I wouldn't be surprised the music heads in a different direction of extreme metal for the next outing. Here is hoping it turns out good \m/

I actually thought that there were times where vocals like Arsis' would have fit well in addition to the uber-brutal ones. The brutal ones were good, but there was next to zero variation. Bands like Nile and Origin that mix it up a little are effective in this regard.

[minor complaint]Even if the next album is under Lykathe, the previous one wasn't, and this merits separate metal archives listings. The change in name is probably going along with a change in musical direction anyway. So they really should be listed as separate bands, especially since the lineup will be significantly different too. [/minor complaint]