The Thread Where You Talk About Music You Like

i just deleted 662mb's of summoning mp3's earlier today. it's great but not something i can listen to too often for whatever reason.

It's better than Neurotripsicks, conceptually and musically.

I upped the lyrics to M-A btw.

Also this year has been fucking awesome for metalcore, which is why I have 2 in my top ten, 1 in the next tier, and 1 in the third...more than any other year EVER.

Necuratul said:
Oath Bound is the album of the year btw.
:kickass: Hell yes! I haven't heard anything else from this band, but I think this was a good place to start.

Went and saw Gigantour sunday. Megadeth had a rad setlist and even played Mechanix. When Overkill played the place filpped shit and destroyed the entire lawn area. It was one of the craziest things I have ever seen. The entire area of lawn was reduced to mud within the set. There was enough sod airborn to plant an entire lawn.
My friend slipped on the mud and his knee poped out of its socket and was sticking way out to the side. We had to get a bunch of people to stand around him to protect him from the raging sod battle. It could have ruined the day put it went back into place when some dudes tried to move him.The entire lawn crowd gave him a round of applause and cheered and stuff. We stayed and finished the show, and people kept walking up and asking him how his knee was.He was a celebrity. Overall it was a great day.

Edit: I just remembered another concert happening from this weekend. As some of you may know from the thread I started, I went to see Celtic Frost last Friday, well Sahg was one of the openers. My friend and I were just sort of hanging out in the back of the venue waiting for Celtic Frost to play and during 1349 I turn and looked to my left and King is just standing next to me watching the show. I looked at him, he looked at me for a sec and then we both just turned and watched the rest of the show. It was a bit strange. I enjoyed Sahgs set and I sorta felt like I should say something. I didn't really have shit to say, so I just watched the show.

V.V.V.V.V. said:
9. Dismember - The God That Never Was

what is this like compared to "where iron crosses grow"? i found where iron crosses grow pretty dull after a few listens.

im yet to hear anything worthwhile this year. all i have heard is new agalloch and new drudkh. i wouldnt say either are bad, but they just did nothing for me.

i intend to check out saturnus at some stage, but im waiting for 'life sucks' to give me his years "best album recommendation" as he hasnt lead me astray for the last 3 or so years. :p

Dismember -the god that never was' is the best thing since the first two for the band. Oldschool Swedish death metallers Evocation are back(going by 3 new songs i've heard) they have a much better grasp at real swedish DM still than say Dismember.

byrne said:
what is this like compared to "where iron crosses grow"? i found where iron crosses grow pretty dull after a few listens.

This new one is far more traditionally old school Death Metal oriented. The first half of the album is pretty much all old school, and the second half is a bit more in the newer vein, but even that is better than what was on Where Iron Crosses Grow.

The Greys said:
Dismember -the god that never was' is the best thing since the first two for the band.

Absolutely. It's fucking amazingly good; cavernous old-school guitar tone with excessive bass presence, excellent cutting melodic solos (and I mean REALLY melodic!) and good switch-ups between fast thrashers, harmonic mid-paced rockers, and slowwwwwer, dooooomier cuts...and even an awesome instrumental! You can read my review here. Also if you've only heard two things from this year, you have absolutely no right to say there's nothing worthwhile...this year has been awesome.

I'm listening to Blut Aus Nord - "The Work Which Transforms God" right now, and I must say, I'm disappointed.

Yeah, I'll give it some more time. It just wasn't what I expected, I guess.

ohiogrinder said:
I have a cybergrind/noisecore thing called Zombie Militia that one would be wise to check out.
Not too bad from what I'm listening to

I've been liking Nunwhore Commando 666 and Scissor Shock alot