The Thread Where You Talk About Music You Like

but christina? come on now.....
EDIT-well, she does have one hell of a voice and some decently catchy songs on the radio, but i wouldnt buy an album :lol:

*cringes*

its not like christina has a great deal to do with how good the songs on her albums are

if you got, say, a brian eno or david bowie or kate bush to write her songs, the fact that they were performed by her wouldnt make them bad

So yeah, Maninnya Blade is basically very primitive Speed/Thrash Metal with an ear for catchy, coherent passages while still remaining raw (by choice or no, assuming the latter due to the band's time of activity however).

Necuratul said:
So yeah, Maninnya Blade is basically very primitive Speed/Thrash Metal with an ear for catchy, coherent passages while still remaining raw (by choice or no, assuming the latter due to the band's time of activity however).

Is it anything in the style of the early Venom meterial?

Rudra. They are pretty damn good death metal with a lot of "culture" in their music. Their riffs really make you feel like you are in Mongolia during the time period they write about. Very good use of dissonance between the guitars and drums. The only problem is the vocals seem to usually be to high in the mix, drowning out the guitars, but other times it seems to fit.

:kickass:

EDIT: not fixing the mistake caught by VVVVV

I was listening to "Under the Sign of Black Mark" in the car today. WHAT A FUCKING MASTERPIECE! I love everything about the album; the minimalism, the purely evil aura that surrounds it, THE DRUMS!, the vocals... Damn, it's almost perfect!

Spectacular Views said:
if you got, say, a brian eno or david bowie or kate bush to write her songs, the fact that they were performed by her wouldnt make them bad

David Bowie:kickass:

Bowie rules hard. Ziggy Stardust is a great album.

Impudent said:
I was listening to "Under the Sign of Black Mark" in the car today. WHAT A FUCKING MASTERPIECE! I love everything about the album; the minimalism, the purely evil aura that surrounds it, THE DRUMS!, the vocals... Damn, it's almost perfect!

This is a good post.

It's not quite as grand as Hammerheart, but I guess that's a poor comparison either way. But yeah, practically perfect indeed. I dare anyone to find a flaw in this album!

I tried to get that album the other day because i saw it (and never do anywhere) then came back with money to get it, and it was gone.

:cry:

Necuratul said:
By "primitive" do you mean like Venom?

Crimson Velvet said:
This is a good post.

It's not quite as grand as Hammerheart, but I guess that's a poor comparison either way. But yeah, practically perfect indeed. I dare anyone to find a flaw in this album!
"Hammerheart" is a completely different style. As far as black metal goes, "Under the Sign..." is about as good as it gets! :kickass:

That's the entire problem with a lot of mainstream music is the singers not knowing anything regarding their cds except their singing. Christina Aguilera obviously can sing but she's not aduitioning musicians to back her to make music which is really lame. She's not hanging out in a room with 50 drummers waiting or guitarists,keyboardists,bassists,etc... to back her.

Music is about a 'band' not a specific element or person in the music. The mainstream world is to much into a front person over music in a general sense. For all anyone knows some fat rich doucebag is mainly why some pop stars album sounds the way it does.

Christina Aguilera did not have to start from scratch figure out how to get a band and make a demo to get somwhere. It was all done for her because she can sing and because she has a tight ass and perky small tits.