The Thread Where You Talk About Music You Like

They're fucking awful.

They didn't really strike me as anything great, the only reason I cared was because Alex Krull from Atrocity was in it. Other than that, I'll just stick with Nightwish/Epica for my goth/opera metal consumption.

Blind Guardian, on the other hand, was amazing. Other than Hansi's voice, which seemed to be a bit weak, they gave a top-notch performance. They played all the fan favorites (except "Majesty", which I was looking forward to) and a couple from the new album ("Fly" and "Another Stranger Me"). They did not disappoint. :kickass:

aye Rottrevore rules. In other news, Afflicted-Prodigal Sun, ATG's TRiTSiO, Unleashed-Shadows in the Deep and Desultory's Into Eternity have recently attained favorrite status due to their extreme kickassery. Unfortunately I've kind of grown cold on Autopsy's Severed Survival, which I thought was really fucking good, but it ended up sounding tiresome. One lost, four gained

Mefisto is pretty crazy. I think I actually put a song of theirs on one of the stupid compilations I made.

Ah, I downloaded one of your thrash ones, but I don't recall them being on there. Too bad I didn't get the one with them on it, this is really awesome stuff.

Yes the cover is a perfect backdrop to the listening experience. It's just godly. It's taught me that I don't always need brutality to get satisfaction from my metal.

Yes the cover is a perfect backdrop to the listening experience. It's just godly. It's taught me that I don't always need brutality to get satisfaction from my metal.
Zephyrus the next step is to realized most of the time brutality sucks :)

By brutal I meant pure aggression coupled with well-composed music. But your comment about brutality will draw the ire of a few of my contemporaries.

Yes I know, and I was specifically thinking about bands like 1349 and Anaal Nakrath... because I dislike their brutality to their black metal.