The Thread Where You Talk About Music You Like

im listening to the latest Forgotten Tomb album "Negative Megalomania". Other than Life Sucks, has anyone else got an opinion on it? I'm not really seeing the appeal of this band, they are striking me as remarkably generic at the moment (although I'm only up to my second listen)

I doubt most high school bands, even in Europe, know musical theory when they write metal songs.

European musicians are more intelligent musically regardless how much theory they know or not at a young age. Regardless from where I think majority of musicians are inbetween 16-20 when putting out their first cd when it comes to the metal genre. It's not like you listen to any bands that know theory anyways!!

I also think the culture it self in europe is a reason why musicians have better grasp at playing an instrument. I don't live there but can tell the living is much better based on music and things I have seen. Besides that people seem to have more freedom and have better laws.

im listening to the latest Forgotten Tomb album "Negative Megalomania". Other than Life Sucks, has anyone else got an opinion on it? I'm not really seeing the appeal of this band, they are striking me as remarkably generic at the moment (although I'm only up to my second listen)

I think it's decent. it kind of reminds me of early Katatonia but with Burzum-ish vocals (or at least it does on Songs to Leave...haven't heard the one you speak of).

I liked it.

I guess I finally came around for Maiden, and also discovered a real cool NWOBHM band called Angel Witch. fuckin A!

Iron Maiden and Angel Witch rule, yes. Definitely among the top of the crop of NWOBHM bands.