The Thread Where You Talk About Music You Like

I'm sure you mean worst. All their albums are at least good, everything before Haven could be called 'great'. I'd place them above ATG for consistency, even if ATG had a slightly better album they released 2 pieces of shit.

I like Damage Done the best out of the albums I've heard, which are:

Damage Done
Character
Haven
Fiction
The Gallery

LOL Damage Done is so godawful.

@DarkBliss: :kickass: Actually, that's the only one from them I've heard thus far. I really need to dig deeper into Heavy/Prog Rock.
Yea, I'd say Godbluff is a lot more controlled and better written as whole, while still remaining complex and intersting throughout. So get it first. Songs like Scorched Earth and The Sleepwalkers are pure gold.

Pawn Hearts still loses me in its most hysterical, chaotic moments, but I've definitely come a long way in appreciating it.
Man-Erg is a favorite track.

Anyway, I'm thinking of picking up their Still Life album soon.

It is Arcturus' best, just edging out LMI.

LMI is by far my favourite Arcturus.

Yea, I'd say Godbluff is a lot more controlled and better written as whole, while still remaining complex and intersting throughout. So get it first. Songs like Scorched Earth and The Sleepwalkers are pure gold.

Pawn Hearts still loses me in its most hysterical, chaotic moments, but I've definitely come a long way in appreciating it.
Man-Erg is a favorite track.

Anyway, I'm thinking of picking up their Still Life album soon.

Get 'The Least We Can Do Is Wave to Each Other' too if you can

Not really. The closest I can think of is King Crimson, but VdGG are pretty unique. I think I've heard Änglagård being compared to VdGG, but I've never listened to them so I'm not sure. You might also be interested in Anekdoten, but they're more King Crimsonesque than VdG really.