The Thread Where You Talk About Music You Like

Yes, they are an excellent band, particularly Live Fast, Die Young... and Leave a Flesh-Eating Corpse!. I keep recommending it here but no one seems to check it out. It would especially appeal to old school death metal fans but everyone thinks it's going to be goregrind for some reason. :erk:

Razorback is so fucking killer at everything they do, artwork and all.

BUT! I can not get over how good Flood by Boris is. Such an amazing album.

I also haven't heard the Black Waltz yet but I dig their first three albums, especially "They Will Return".

Right now I'm really digging the new Severe Torture.

kalmah fucking owns. theyre one of the bands that actually gets it right....

listen to swampsong and they will return and try and say they suck. unbelievable band capable of creating some very memorable melodies (human fates) and fucking ass kicking riffs (cloned insanity)

i cant wait for their new one.

np bal sagoth - of carnage and a gathering of the wolves

right now

Aborted
Cannibal Corpse
Dying Fetus
Suffocation
Skinless
The Facless
Celtic Frost
Death and Waking the Cadaver are what i have been cycling through.

edit: and parkway drive :kickass:

People need to start listening to Serpent Underground so they can get a recording deal. Thier music production so far sucks, but they are an awesome band: for fans of Disturbed and the like.
Also; peole who live in Australia should listen to them and vote for them to come to Brisbane as I need to see them live!

Waking the Cadaver are actually better than the bands that have sprung up after them, but they're still not all that good. You're really better off with a band like Human Rejection if you want that kind of thing.

Are they not real slam death but they just attracted the scene kids?

ok whatever you say. Finnish neoclassical-influenced death metal still sucks.

First, its not death metal its melodic death metal, second what I first say was only my opinion not something to get all crazy about, if you like it, fine if not, same.
Another thing, not because you don't like it it means it sucks, they have way more talent than many other bands the big majority I'd say. They got hard riffs combined with melodies which is something not that easy to make compared to other genres which only some power chords and crazy solos which are good but not that complex. The vocals of this band are very impressive because Pekka Kokko can do high pitched vocals and death growls which is something not everyone can do. Also they got some good bass runs which is not typical in many bands and not only metal because most of the times you hear the damn guitar all the time and the bass is very low or can't be heard at all. And finally I've been told about a place I can get some great metal albums which are generally hard to find so I'm saving sme cash to buy a whole fucking bunch of cd's.

Are they not real slam death but they just attracted the scene kids?

other than the people on this forum i know of no one irl who knows who waking the cadaver are, so i dont really see that.

i live in a decent sized town too.