The Thread Where You Talk About Music You Like

It's already a fact that Ceremony of Opposites is Samael's best album, but I'm listening to it for the first time with my new (noise-cancelling) headphones and it is blowing me away even more. People really need to pick this masterpiece up if they haven't already.

And yes, Dodens, Blood Ritual kicks ass, but it doesn't eclipse the prestige of its followup.

Blasphemy!!

Really though, I love Blood Riutal, but I haven't yet heard Ceremony of Opposites, what is it like music wise and such?

More synths, and more industrial-style drumming (but still by a human). However, the riffs are still the highlight of the album. And the production is both crisp and atmospheric to a degree. Highly recommended.

Blood Ritual is eclipsed by Beherit's Drawing Down the Moon and Varathron's His Majesty at the Swamp. It's nice, but doesn't hold my attention as much as it used to.

More synths, and more industrial-style drumming (but still by a human). However, the riffs are still the highlight of the album. And the production is both crisp and atmospheric to a degree. Highly recommended.

Alright thanks, I'll check it out.

Would you guys say that $100 for the Sunn O))) and Boris - Altar 3 Picture Disc LP edition is a bit steep?

I found it in a local shop today, but I've no idea how much they were being sold for originally.

Would you guys say that $100 for the Sunn O))) and Boris - Altar 3 Picture Disc LP edition is a bit steep?

I found it in a local shop today, but I've no idea how much they were being sold for originally.

Yeah, that's WAY too steep. $50 for LPs and CDs is where I draw the line and, even then, they have to be considerably rare for me to pay that much.

I just downloaded Twilighting's Delirium Veil album. So Far, I'm really digging it. It's power metal that sounds so 80s. This band fucking rules!

new metal album just out

After 10 years, cavalera brothers are back in the action with a newly released debut album for new band Cavalera Conspiracy- INFLIKTED!! Fast crunchy guitars, catchy riffs, high energy, speedy guitar work, totally solid metal album with clear hardcore and punk influences, even some progressive writing- www.myspace.com/cavaleraconspiracy

“From straightforward pummeling death metal to more complex and technical songs, CAVALERA CONSPIRACY hits on all cylinders”

http://heavymetal.about.com/od/cdreviews/fr/cavalerainflikt.htm