The Thread Where You Talk About Music You Like

Im kinda new to Black Metal, I like Burzum, I got Minas Morgul today by Summoning and I own Vikingligr Veldi & Hordanes Land by Enslaved. Oh yeah I like Wyrd and Abyssic Hate to.
- I have heard some Graveland and I didnt like them too much, maybe I was listening to the wrong album, who knows?

Anyways, anyone have any recommendations?

Due to the lack of the search function this will probably be appropriate for this ongoing thread.

Mortem (Per)
Phlebotomized
Shub Niggurath

Descriptions and opinions on their best material would be much appreciated.

Morbid_Corpse said:
- I have heard some Graveland and I didnt like them too much, maybe I was listening to the wrong album, who knows?
Which album? They're okay, just not O Gawdd my!! TEH bezt!!11 so no worries.

Right now I'm enjoying

Midvinter
Pagan Reign
Crionics

Mysticum's In The Streams Of Inferno is excellent, easily among the best black metal releases from Norway.

Phlebotomized is musically pretty interesting. Immense, Intense, Suspense combines brutal death metal with doom/prog influences, melancholy violins and acoustic/keyboard interludes. Questions arise about their ideology, though; some of their lyrics are seemingly praising christianity, while other songs seem to subtley mock the religion. I'm not sure.

Morbid_Corpse said:
Im kinda new to Black Metal, I like Burzum, I got Minas Morgul today by Summoning and I own Vikingligr Veldi & Hordanes Land by Enslaved. Oh yeah I like Wyrd and Abyssic Hate to.

Anyways, anyone have any recommendations?

If you're new to black metal I'd recomend: Ulver - Bergtatt, Immortal - At the Heart of winter, Pure Holocaust and Sons of Northern Darkness, Darkthrone - Transylvanian Hunger and Kampfar - Mellom skogskledde aaser

Episteme said:
Kronos - Colossal Titan Strife is really owning me right now. The riffs!

Yep, there the kind of riffs that you'll never get bored of.

I listened to a few Dark tribe tracks last night, they sound very interesting, but after all the reviews I'd read about them being insanely intense, I was expecting something much crazier. They still sounded pretty special though.