The Thread Where You Talk About Music You Like

Yeah, Phlebotomized is good. I've only heard Immense, Intense, Suspense though.
Somberlain said:
Mysticum's In The Streams Of Inferno is excellent, easily among the best black metal releases from Norway.

Phlebotomized is musically pretty interesting. Immense, Intense, Suspense combines brutal death metal with doom/prog influences, melancholy violins and acoustic/keyboard interludes. Questions arise about their ideology, though; some of their lyrics are seemingly praising christianity, while other songs seem to subtley mock the religion. I'm not sure.
Well, it's not too hard to mock something like that, even if you're not trying to.

Even if they are christian though, they still make some enjoyable death.

Have any of you heard Withered Beauty? They are so good.

Somberlain said:
I've been listening to a lot of Graveland and have come to the conclusion that Memory And Destiny is vastly underrated. This is superb.

Agreed. I use to ignore M&D, but further listens revealed a great album, and IMO, better than Fire of Awakening and Dawn of Iron BLades.

I still say the band hit their apex with FOllowing the VOice of Blood.

ANyone else slighty annoyed with Darken's banshee screams on the new one?

Anybody thinking of getting Devin Townsend's "Devlab"....don't. It's not worth it at all.

I'm glad I downloaded it before looking to buy

Episteme said:
Golem's a great band. Dreamweaver is pretty damn good and Eternity is probably their best. I love that redone Stravinsky on Dreamweaver. I'll check out The 2nd Moon out as soon as I get to.

I may as well C&P my brief description from MJ:

Like a lot of Golem's work, it's an exploration of the vast and complex space within the human mind, often jaggedly weaving through unstable territory. Their trademark mechanical rhythmic nature and subtle+efficient transitions in melodic mood are present. Basically, it's not far from what one might expect a stepping stone between Eternity... and Dreamweaver to sound like, though I'm currently unwilling to suggest that it's as good as either.

That sucks. I was hoping Devlab would be great, considering the minimal fanfare surrounding its release. Guess that's the irony. An album sucks, and there's not even any hype to get people to buy copies anyway.