THE THUNDER DOME

Probably, but today's article didn't have much substance without it :p

There is also three versions of that film clip released a day apart.

Reactions: redfly
Even the warm up video wasn't worth posting by itself. 50 odd seconds of Nick hitting a few skins, he doesn't even get into full drummer mode :)

Reactions: Neptune and redfly
They way the articles are written they keep stating that those in control just recently 'found' the footage. Yet the way Nick talks about things in his book he may not have been the most organised person and he didn't particularly like social media but he understood its power and for his post Megadeth time at least he made an effort to record things for social media. So it makes me wonder if the family really are just drawing out small things to sell something bigger later.

Reactions: redfly and Neptune
Yeah I tend to think there is not as much as Nick might have suggested, or the family are keeping it for themselves (which is their right). Otherwise there would be new stuff every week and it would be longer than 50 sec clips.

I was more surprised than sad. Like I said, from his book he seemed to suggest social media was something he wanted to embrace (while not really liking it) and therefore I figured filming himself was pretty much that next step and that there would be heaps of videos to share.

Reactions: redfly
Social may have been but I remember in the Youthanasia dvd (?) they used footage that Nick made just mountain biking around in Arizona and talking about Area 51. I got the impression Nick had a camera a lot like Dimebag did. I wonder if that stuff still exists.

Reactions: Neptune and Slammed
Actually I think you're right, there was mention about him running around with a camera and the possibility of a mini doco or something being made with the footage. But I don't remember if the book mentioned who kept the footage or it became "mega-footage".

Reactions: Neptune and redfly
Yeah it's definitely a good read.
I know Dave mentioned the doc but I don't remember if he mentioned it because of Nick taking shots or if he was planning it for some future "Youth" anniversary