THE THUNDER DOME

From Twitch videos to being one of only four people who were on the first and the last Slayer tour. From the Almighty Punchdrunk tracked songs for collaboration videos to pulling double duty with Anthrax. And from triple duty (Anthrax, Testament and Slayer video production) to a 2021 Supergroup. Hoglan is a dead set legend.

Reactions: Neptune and redfly
The interviewer is terrible, it sounds like a chat in the pub not an interview.
But Gene comes up with some interesting ideas. I wonder when we are going to see them all.

Reactions: redfly and Neptune
I've never watched anything from Banger TV before but I believe the guy does secure some good interviews. Must just be we are getting old and not speaking the words on the street any more :p

Yeah I always thought Gene was busy before covid but shit the guy seems to have thrown it into overdrive since he stopped touring.

Reactions: redfly
Yeah, he's got the interview with Gene and me, the old man no longer street enough to understand him didn't.

http://bravewords.com/news/watch-late-megadeth-drummer-nick-menza-hammer-away-on-pork-pie-percussion

I believe these are the sorts of videos Nick referred to in his book as his social media contribution. Instead of trying to play in bands, instead of constantly being asked to play on tracks as "ex-Megadeth drummer Nick Menza" and instead of seeking the lime light he'd make videos of himself playing different drums or cymbals, or play throughs etc. Some of them were sponsored, some of them were trials, others were just Nick showing people different drum techniques. If they are part of that collection there should be quite a few the family can release.

Reactions: Neptune and redfly
At least one of those was in the process but I don't think it was close enough to finished to be produced without him. If I remember correctly that was where he saw his time heading, not playing in bands, making instructional videos and showing people how to get the most of their kits.

Reactions: redfly and Neptune
I'd have to go back and read it again but I think he might have said one DVD was actually close to production.