The top non-metal song per band list

Alice Cooper - Generation Landslide

Captain Beyond - Myopic Void

Die Kreuzen - Live Wire

Last edited:
Reactions: CiG
Also, do hundreds of YouTube videos not slow your guys' browsers to a crawl?
You're right - it does slow down the page loads. I took after you and wrapped my links in spoiler tags. I may not bother with that for every page, but it'd be nice if at least the first page loads faster.

Starless is better.

My choice would be 21st Century Schizoid Man, but it's not a battle I need to pick.

Fiona Apple- Never is a Promise

A song about growing apart and the gradual death of love, though simultaneously gaining insight into oneself. The lyrics are sophisticated, yet lucid. Pure and earnest, Fiona's vocal delivery captures the perfect balance of pain and compassion, with just a hint of hope.

Gza-I Gotcha Back

A brilliant piece of cold realist poetry full of sharp literary devices, one feeding into the next, set to jagged dystopian funk and finished off with an unsettling audio sample.

Last edited:
Reactions: Talos of Atmora
Close call between it and Starless, but yeah, seriously. This song sends shivers down my spine every time. I have no idea why you have a problem with it.

I somewhat take it back. I was thinking of "The Devil's Triangle." I like "Wake of Poseidon" better, especially some of the guitar work, but it's nowhere near as great as "Epitaph." "Starless" on the other hand, is one of their greatest moments.

troll-face-42517-3840x2160.jpg

Limp Bizkit - Nookie

Reactions: Master_Yoda77
Gza-I Gotcha Back

A brilliant piece of cold realist poetry full of sharp literary devices, one feeding into the next, set to jagged dystopian funk and finished off with an unsettling audio sample.

Good choice! You've inspired me to add "Snakes" by Ol' Dirty Bastard to mine. Btw, that sample at the end is Lone Wolf & Cub (aka Shogun Assassin) incase you were curious.

Reactions: crimsonfloyd
Sisters of Mercy- Marian

A dark brooding melody with a steady, driving dance rhythm and a cold yet sultry vocal delivery, perfectly melding a sense of lust and morbidity.

Dead Can Dance - Xavier

Great song. But I'm gonna veto that shit with Summoning of the Muse. Tough since every song on that album is perfect.

Dead Can Dance- Summoning of the Muse