The tour has started!

GeigeIstKrieg

The former bald guy
Mar 9, 2006
www.turisas.com
Heya all

Just a quick post. We're in Manchester now, waiting for the soundcheck. Yesterday's warm-up show was cool, and apart for some small fuckups everything went pretty alright. We have a new sound guy, tour manager and a new stage tech, so it was bit stressful for all; we had about 30 minutes for setting up our own stuff+linecheck+fumbling thru one song before they opened the doors, so not too much time to fuck around!

Anyway, everything's cool and we're looking forward to all the gigs ahead. Please feel free to check us out at the gigs, make us rich pigs by buying merch, post something about the gigs at our "Gigs" forum and whatnot. We'll also post some stuff to out video blog at www.royalartistclub.com/turisas as a sort of a tour diary, please check it out and suggest shit for us if you like.

Btw, as soon as we get to sleep our sleep debt away (can you say it like this in English?), we thought of organizing small private meet'n'greets, which we'll be announcing on the blog, so check that out as well. Most likely we'll only posting about them 1-2 days before the date, so keep watching that site.

So much for now, see you at the gigs!:kickass:

Olli

This is a very exciting time for Turisas! Good luck! You guys never disappoint live.

I can't say I have ever used the term "sleep debt" but I think I will have to now.

Heya all

Btw, as soon as we get to sleep our sleep debt away (can you say it like this in English?)

It makes sense in English, but it's unusual :)

These small, private meet'n'greets; Who is allowed to go to them? As they are private, I'm guessing they're not for everyone, and I'm also guessing they're not just for the band to meet each other because that would be both odd and pointless. :Spin:

Have fun!! :D

^
okay, I didnt get that somehow *lol*
during the songs or what (if so, which songs?)?

I saw them last night. They were extremely good live, got the crowd going and all their songs were spot-on. At one point they had a voice over saying something like "In the beginning, all instruments were equal. However one broke away, thinking it was better than the others... this was the guitar. Fuck the guitar!" *Big violin solo*

Sorry, is that better?
I'm not great at explaining things :)

aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaah okay^^
I wasn´t sure in what way there was a voice over, because the dictionary gave me many options of how it could be used ;)

Didn't see you around Katie'force, ah well.

which gig was this? if it was southampton i was knackered and in a LOT of pain so I stayed backstage for most of turisas, then watched DF from side of stage, which will no doubt be why you didn't see me. great night though!!! can't wait for the rest of the tour...

and seriously, olli is bloody talented and damn it his solo is amazing, but the voice over is gay!!!! (pronounced GHEY)!!! love the solo, but the voice over makes me cringe so much. Should have stuck with just 'fuck the guitar solo'
still all three gigs have been absolutely amazing, can't wait for the next ones...