The tour has started!

What am I chopped liver? I am the one who took the picture! I apologize for the awkwardness, it is my nature. In all honesty I would rather hear them chat than me.
What did you think of the show?
They played A Portage to the Unknown and not the Dnieper Rapids. No RRR, just in case you were wondering.
I thought they brought the place down with In The Court Of Jarisleif.

I clearly meant there was 2 of us from the forum...>_>

But honestly I thought you were somehow affiliated with the band or record label or some sort of gig/venue company =O

Sorry =P

bwahaha, huuuge meeting then XD so what about some details on the meeting ;) ?

As mentioned, it was kinda awkward. Everyone was kinda quiet, they bitched about Sonata Arctica, talked about getting strangely translated messages from Japanese fans.

Nygard wasn't there because he'd got hammered the night before and disappeared, the last they'd heard he was trying to get into a taxi. Olli did joke that he may have run off to Amsterdam =P

As mentioned, it was kinda awkward. Everyone was kinda quiet, they bitched about Sonata Arctica, talked about getting strangely translated messages from Japanese fans.

Hah, well yeah! I suppose we have to get our press lady to arrange these happenings later on and have all sorts of topic lists printed out for people. Not everybody is great standup comedian like me :Smug:

People, ask your fucking questions aloud if you have some, don't bitch on the forum afterwards! Anyway, thanks for those who came there on 14 hrs notice - we appreciated it.

Guess we'll still have to intimidate some Scottish or Irish fans during the next days.

Lol I'm not bitching, I was kinda quiet 'cause I was in awe :). Unfortunately I forgot to pester you to play Miklagard Overture until after you'd left =(

And btw I remembered the 5th place I saw you, it was at Camden's Electric Ballroom with Alestorm and Norther :D

But I gotta say thanks to you all for taking time out to meet the fans, even though there was 3 of us.

And you especially Olli because you kept the conversations going :D

Ya know, if i had known about this before hand i would have drove to london to meet you all, shame all your other shows are now when i'm working, i have a hundred questions to ask you, i think.

On a side note, if you have any more meet and greet in the england, i'm gunna try and drive their and uh, get time off work or something.

:worship:

I clearly meant there was 2 of us from the forum...>_>

But honestly I thought you were somehow affiliated with the band or record label or some sort of gig/venue company =O

Sorry =P

It's cool. I am with the band. ha! :kickass:
I just really appreciate Olli setting it up, he said it was hard to do because he doesn't know what is in the area. Thank you!

Just too bad I can't go back to Canada and catch them in Toronto in December!

and have all sorts of topic lists printed out for people. Not everybody is great standup comedian like me :Smug:

*laughing*
lovely, topic-lists XD
and then at the meeting you have to make a tick behind what was already discussed :lol:

By the way, I'm writing another mini-tour diary on a friend's website www.shutterblast.net/

As requested, it goes by the theme "the härskier the better". Won't bother translating that anyway, bwah. Also check out her photos of Turisas, taken on Euro tour, this summer and this fall. Epic! (if the photos of Astoria suck balls, it is more because of the supporter-gets-shit-lights deal than her photoshop skills!).

haha cool to read though the the HTML is sometimes a bit fucked up...anyways, you badly needing beauty sleep? sounds amusing ;)

i guess I need to say I love you Olli (no, no worries- I do not wanna marry you because of that now LOL) for those tour-diaries - always makes a smile appear on my face, mostly the perfect thing to make me laugh though I am busy like hell ;)

bwahahahah, any pics of that? XD
I am not going dressed up aswell, thanks to being sort of ill and wanting to enjoy my time in dublin afterwards LOL

So after 3 weeks, 7 shows and over 1600 miles I'm home for the final time :(
it's been an amazing tour, loved every single show, but glasgow was definately the best!!!
There has been a few technical difficulties for both bands, but they both, at every single gig, put their all in and gave brilliant performances! Couldn't have asked for more from the tour, definately looking forward to the DVD!!!!

SCOTLAND FTW, man i would love to get a backstage pass and have a piss up with some real fucking ale, that would be the shiz

haha there's no rock and roll lifestyle on this tour, trust me, they all just spend their lives on myspace! :p
and no ale either.... stella, carling, JD, vodka, bloody mary's, smoothies, coke (the drink, not the drug), water, russian vodka... but no ale

you heard Warlord, they drink what is given... doesn't mean they like it. although it made me laughin newcastle, Warlord loves newky brown, he was clearly looking forward to drinking it again, gets all the way to newcastle... and thevenue doesn't sell it! hehe

gutted, newcy brown is good, next time they are in scotland they need to look out for this

beergeek_2020_1457682