The Tower - UPDATE

Hey gang....

Ok...ive done a pretty decent first final mix of the tower.....!!! I think its pretty well balanced.... i mixed the bass to the fore and the guits sit a lil under the mix....!!

I havent laid the lil harmony in the middle duet part as yet...but that will be a five second job if i ever set my bloody rig up.....

Its in the relevant ppl's email boxes now...post your thoughts or comments.... then ill add the harm...and its goodbye to the tower files on my cpu.....

sounding very good Meds. There's a nice balnce between the gits and bass. The only thing I hear is that the drums got a little lost. It's hard to hear the kick drum. One sugestion I'd make to fix that is to clone the drum track and lower the vol just enough so that it's adding the bottom end. Sometimes that help out alot:)

Hi EC.

I downloaded your track(s). I have questions/concerns.

1. There were two tracks. Which do I use?
2. I hate to say this, but I think something is wrong. Your track sounds great..but its either out of sync on my part....or you are uncharecteristically out of time on this track.

Can I mix your track with Maidenmans, show you what I have..and have you comment?

Please advise.

No probs MM... ill fix your drum track up asap.... Ive already boosted the low frequencies with your drums...thats pretty well a standard procedure now.....but i guess its not quite up loud enough or i missed the crucial ' kick ' freq.....

will fix it up though... and will pass the new file onwards...

Rabs.... yeah i had the same problem with ec's bass...its only a sync issue.... you have to slide it towards the left side of n-track a lil....

Ok...the tower final 2 is done....!!!

Added the harm in the middle.......

And boosted MM's bass drum freq big time..stands out really cool now..and lifted overall drums slightly.....

Ive sent a copy to you MM... if u r happy with it.....reckon u can upload it onto myplay.... then it just needs EC,s approval and the instrumental is finished.....

Another one for the guild.....

Hi all! :)

The better track is Tower_Bass2. I touched it up a little and I think it sounds a bit better than #1.

Weird that there's a sync issue. I didn't think that my timing was particularly good, but it really shouldn't be off that noticably. If the whole track sounded off then it had to be a sync issue. Can't imagine how that happened. :confused: Glad that you guys were able to fix it though. I encoded my track then decoded it and placed back into n-track (I always do that to test) and it seemed just fine. Weird. Maybe because I encoded it at a higher than usual bitrate?

I hope the track turns out at least decent, but if it's too sub-par I'll re-record it. I'll admit that I kinda finished that one in a marathon session when I got the chance and maybe I let it's quality slip too much to save time. It's definitely not my best. :( Maybe I'll gather your tracks up and re-record and re-mix it when I have time.

Medsy: I came here before checking my e-mail, so I'll post an opinion once I've had a few good, loud listens. :) Thanks!

Cheers!