The transition between electric and acoustic live

The Baying Of The Leper said:
Is that a common thing? what effects pedals do you know of that use valves? I do recall playing on a zoom 505 II that actually had an impressive acoustic sound, however I wasn't impressed with the distortion sounds so it didn't work for me as an all-rounded pedal (which is probably something nearly impossible to find).

Do they make just an acoustic simulating stompbox??

Well, the VOX multiFX pedal has valves in it, infact, it has pretty big valves too. There are quite a few that do but this one sounded very nice.

And to the guy above me, Acoustic simulators sound wank. Its too sharp. I dont think Opeth use them live, not sure:err:

affinityband said:
Thing is, simulators actually just sound shit generally. It tends to be too sharp at high volumes when you use the acoustic simulator. Its pretty useless as far as an equivilant to an acoustic guitar goes. The best advice i can give, if you want something that really does a good job of sounding like one, get an fx pedal with a valve in it.

i had never heard a good sounding simulator until i heard porcupine tree use one on the damnation tour. it sounded fucking great...however, it was never played on its own. it was always pretty low in volume in the mix, but it sounded pretty authentic.

affinityband said:
Well, the VOX multiFX pedal has valves in it, infact, it has pretty big valves too. There are quite a few that do but this one sounded very nice.

And to the guy above me, Acoustic simulators sound wank. Its too sharp. I dont think Opeth use them live, not sure:err:

it sounded like they might have used them on this last tour...the clean sound was much more brittle than usual...it sounded like what most simulators i have ever tried sound like.

I like the sound of the acoustic simulators. There's no way you can get an electric guitar to sound exactly like an acoustic, but I think they do a pretty good job. I mean, they usually sound more pleasing to my ear than just a regular clean tone.

No way, because acoustic simulators dont even sound real. Where as a clean electric guitar with the neck humbucker sounds fucking beautiful if you use a tinge of reverb through a valve amp ( Mikes is powervalve ) If you use a simulator, all your getting is a edgy, weak and brittle tone.