the ultimate non-auto-tune production list

I don't think corective but transparent should count. And I think you're really gonna open a can of worms with this one Joey.
i hope i do

i almost hate coming to this forum because a lot of you are a buntch of ball sack scratching metal fiends who just want to bash on anything commercial / mass market / fuck-the-man type of attitude

im sorry, but i want a nice house and a boat to take my kids on fishing trips

i can't drink beer and pretend that double bass and screaming is so much more creatively superior than 5 18 year olds who actually have a fan base, and also have a strong passion for what they want to hear, and what they like in music.

despite what a lot of you might think, there's actually SOMETHING to this kind of music. if there wasn't, my job wouldn't be as hard as it is. do any of you want to come up here and record one of these songs and make it sound the way i do? i'd love to see you fail.

at any rate, im sorry for the rant. but my time is about up here!

What's the point in this thread? To justify the use of autotune?

Check out John Mayer's live album. Yeah, it's live, but it still shows there are artists who can actually sing. And in this case, play a mean motherfucking guitar at the same time.

no real point in this thread, actually

just wanted to laugh at people rushing to post some albums that dont matter

damn, what;s this about?
there are tons of albums that DO matter very significantly w/o Autotune...and also many good ones with..nothing new.....
you're not trying to say that all albums nowadays are tuned, are you?

tune where needed...if the singer is good I like it more natural...matter of taste...if there's one note that is off in an otherwise perfect take tune that one note if necessary...
like all other tools...use them when needed.
I'm tryng to clean all those joey-fanboys and joey-bashing threads cause I don't think you deserve having to defend yourself all the time...now you oen a thread like this to pick a fight? dunno what I should do to prevent the shitstorm you'll find yourself in soon after those two posts....really man, you're asking for it

really lads, tis topic has been discussed to death in the "tight mix" thread already...NOT every commercial album uses these tools..some do, both ways have a advantages and might be necessary, depending on the style etc....there are other styles in metal besides core.

Paramore's live album.
Jack's Mannequin - Everything in Transit
Arctic Monkeys - Whatever People Say..
I'm 99% sure all Ayreon albums.
Devin Townsend albums (apparently, he's a god)
Kamelot - Epica, and I think the Black Halo, and probably anything before that.
Attack Attack - Someday Came Suddenly

Those are just the ones that I can hear off notes (and not autotune fuckups, but a little bit flat or whatever), or have been confirmed by the singers/producers. I'm sure there'd be a ton more with good singers.

there's definitely auto tune on opeth albums
i've heard album vs actual tracking in the booth via studio updates

i dont really care what anyone will think of me based on what i've said in this thread.

do any of you want to come up here and record one of these songs and make it sound the way i do? i'd love to see you fail.

at any rate, im sorry for the rant. but my time is about up here!

would you actually let anyone? Or would you act like you're the only one who is capable of doing it and making it sound good?

Seriously, if you're time is about up here ... go

or don't and stop worrying about what a few people think about you

this is kinda childish dude

would you actually let anyone? Or would you act like you're the only one who is capable of doing it and making it sound good?

Seriously, if you're time is about up here ... go

or don't and stop worrying about what a few people think about you

this is kinda childish dude

i actually would let someone if i could get a client to agree!

and i will go when im good and ready

i dont worry about it, just because i post replies back in my defense doesn't mean i worry about it. i have 5 dudes sitting right here who think what im doing is exactly perfect for their creation. considering they're paying me, i think im in the green.

its not childish. im just speaking in my defense.

there's definitely auto tune on opeth albums
i've heard album vs actual tracking in the booth via studio updates

i dont really care what anyone will think of me based on what i've said in this thread.

Joey,
i've got a lot of respect for you and i think you do great work,

but from what i've seen you seem to get pretty wound up about this stuff, so i think you do care about what people think. on some level at least.

you've got your sound, and you are succesful,
so why do you need to seek validation on this issue?

its not childish. im just speaking in my defense.

you're really going out of your way to drag this shit up in order to defend it man.

Joey,
i've got a lot of respect for you and i think you do great work,

but from what i've seen you seem to get pretty wound up about this stuff, so i think you do care about what people think. on some level at least.

you've got your sound, and you are succesful,
so why do you need to seek validation on this issue?

because i disagree with people.
it doesnt mean i give a shit
i just dont agree.

thats a debate, or a discussion.

you can not care a topic, and discuss that topic with lots of people. some people will assume you care about that topic just because you're discussing it. but that does not make it fact or truth, now does it?
:p

Susan Boyle..... LOL shes just that good, the face is proof enough right?

susan-boyle-pic-itv-150409-thumb-450x324.jpg

dude susan boyle made me cry the first time haha

damn, what;s this about?
there are tons of albums that DO matter very significantly w/o Autotune...and also many good ones with..nothing new.....
you're not trying to say that all albums nowadays are tuned, are you?

tune where needed...if the singer is good I like it more natural...matter of taste...if there's one note that is off in an otherwise perfect take tune that one note if necessary...
like all other tools...use them when needed.
I'm tryng to clean all those joey-fanboys and joey-bashing threads cause I don't think you deserve having to defend yourself all the time...now you oen a thread like this to pick a fight? dunno what I should do to prevent the shitstorm you'll find yourself in soon after those two posts....really man, you're asking for it

really lads, tis topic has been discussed to death in the "tight mix" thread already...NOT every commercial album uses these tools..some do, both ways have a advantages and might be necessary, depending on the style etc....there are other styles in metal besides core.

hey dont hate, just masturbate!

just kidding

i actually value some of you dude's (lasse included) knowledge!

so dont get all :puke: on me...