The UMOS SS "wanted" thread

Greeno

Oct 14, 2003
WV USA
Since alot of us are using soulseek now I thought I'd start a thread for us to post our want lists.

I'd like to check out that Feinstein album that just came out. Does anyone have a copy they could rip? Along with covers scans is possible.

Gee I want everything I don't have :p but I settle on the time being with:

Riot - "Narita"
Stormwind - "Straight From Your Heart"
Steel Prophet - "Continuum"

I still hope to find and buy them, but in the meantime...

I would love a copy of HEAR N AID plus RATT's ep...I used to have the cassette w/ the little white rats running up the woman's leg...PLUS, I'd love to have Cinderella's Night Songs (not rare, but have never seen a used copy) andon the heavier side I'd love to find some used BATHORY...

tedvanfrehley said:
I would love a copy of HEAR N AID plus RATT's ep...I used to have the cassette w/ the little white rats running up the woman's leg...PLUS, I'd love to have Cinderella's Night Songs (not rare, but have never seen a used copy) andon the heavier side I'd love to find some used BATHORY...
HEY TEDVANMOTHERFUCKINFREHLEY you gotta git yerself onto SoulSeek! its a blast :)

I've been gettig bits and pieces of Vision Divine from WC, cause Hawk recomends it, what a fuckin ALBUM!! Also, I'm the only person I know in the whole of the fuckin African continent I think(cause I've been looking high and low), that has the not-so-new-Megadeth album, not to mention all the other shit. Yeah I'm so cool, I wish I could just share that with someone(not a thousand miles away), cause I know cool people(a thousand miles away).
Now, WC, get your ass back in there, I'm dying to get the rest :loco:

tedvanfrehley said:
I got Hear n Aid' , but my cd burner fucked up so its about a lost cause for me to download music nemore. :cry:

You guys have finally sparked my interest. What is this SS all about? It's file sharing, I got that. But what's so special about it? What's the difference to e.g. bearshare? And at what bitrate do you rip your mp3s? 160, 192, 256 or 320 kBit/sec.?

DrillSergeant said:
You guys have finally sparked my interest. What is this SS all about? It's file sharing, I got that. But what's so special about it? What's the difference to e.g. bearshare? And at what bitrate do you rip your mp3s? 160, 192, 256 or 320 kBit/sec.?

Go check it out, the bitrate depends on your connection speed, I like going there because I like talking to the people, the downloads is a bonus :p

Indeed is mostly about the chat, the interchange of musical information is an extra. The bitrates depends on the ripper (128 to 320), we rip upon comission too :lol:

Hmm, dunno. I can talk to people on the board, too. But I will have a look at it. How can I find you? Do you meet in particular room? What are your names there? Oh, and TVF mentioned the first Ratt EP. I suppose you have it now, don't you?

DrillSergeant said:
Hmm, dunno. I can talk to people on the board, too. But I will have a look at it. How can I find you? Do you meet in particular room? What are your names there? Oh, and TVF mentioned the first Ratt EP. I suppose you have it now, don't you?
a) get SoulSeek (http://www.slsknet.org/)

b) Set all the parameters (very easy) and join the UM Old School room (you may need to refresh the room window to find us)

c) Set autojoin to reach us everytime you open the program

d) set your shared folder for people in your userlist (or everyone if you want), the userlist can be made by right-clicking on the names on the room and add those to the list, also a list can be made by PM the users (we try some confidenciallity here :D )

Wicked Child said:
Some Alcatrazz, some Montrose, Deep Purple-House Of Blue Light, Death-Scream Bloody Gore...ooh! ooh! and Blind Guardian-Battalions Of Fear and Follow The Blind!!
Alright sweet wick o'mine :tickled: , I can cover you on DP and BG, and I have the best of Alcatrazz, good enough?

They are going to be ripped in a few hours.