The Vinyl/Collector's Thread

More metal blade being scum....

They are reissuing all cattle decapitation albums on vinyls in the near future. It isn't a box set, but for an extra ten dollars they'll give you a box with exclusive art to make them a box set after they finally cone out. So instead of it being an $80 or so set, you have to buy each vinyl for $20+ shipping and buy the fucking box to put them in. Luckily, I'm pretty sure no one in their right mind wants cattle decapitation on vinyl anyway.

More metal blade being scum....

They are reissuing all cattle decapitation albums on vinyls in the near future. It isn't a box set, but for an extra ten dollars they'll give you a box with exclusive art to make them a box set after they finally cone out. So instead of it being an $80 or so set, you have to buy each vinyl for $20+ shipping and buy the fucking box to put them in. Luckily, I'm pretty sure no one in their right mind wants cattle decapitation on vinyl anyway.

I bought then new Between the Buried and Me album the other night and they happen to be on Metal Blade. The CD was covered in glue from the digipack and rendered useless. I was not happy.

Also, WTF with that vinyl "deal"?

some TPs

9uoenk.jpg

Is that WRYD album any good? I've seen it at my local record store and was tempted because it looked cool.

Vinyl question, anyone have/heard of this? I found it while browsing through amazon and it's affordable and the reviews are pretty good. I'm thinking to snatch it up for this week's paycheck and finally get my setup going…

[ame]http://www.amazon.com/Numark-TTUSB-Turntable-with-USB/dp/B000G3FNVM/ref=sr_1_27?s=electronics&ie=UTF8&qid=1394425136&sr=1-27&keywords=turntable[/ame]

Vinyl question, anyone have/heard of this? I found it while browsing through amazon and it's affordable and the reviews are pretty good. I'm thinking to snatch it up for this week's paycheck and finally get my setup going…

http://www.amazon.com/Numark-TTUSB-...TF8&qid=1394425136&sr=1-27&keywords=turntable

I will say this. Amazon reviewers are brutal and are ready to write bad reviews at the drop of a hat. Four stars on a product with 200+ reviews is pretty damn good.

http://www.amazon.com/Numark-TTUSB-...TF8&qid=1394425136&sr=1-27&keywords=turntable

Looks nice. The one I have is a bit cheaper and is rated 4.5 starts and only $88. I have no complaints with it. It works like a dream.

[ame]http://www.amazon.com/Technica-AT-LP60-Automatic-Driven-Turntable/dp/B002GYTPAE/ref=pd_cp_MI_1[/ame]

Kafkax: It's really the most simplest of setups. This receiver with a built in pre-amp:
http://www.ebay.com/itm/Onkyo-Stere...32?pt=US_Stereo_Receivers&hash=item20e0693c88

Then I'll get two good speakers from best buy or something. And bam.

I figured to ask to make sure I'm not spending ridiculous amounts of money but at the same time getting a decent setup because a turntable is really an investment. I know a lot of people complain about the newer turntables because you gotta replace the stylus on them with their company's model, so I'm looking for a turntable that will allow you to replace the stylus without it having to be the same company's so basically i want the opportunity to get a custom stylus.

Matt, that price is really smooth! I'm going to read the reviews on that but it got higher reviews than the one i was eyeing, which is a great sign. Great to hear you have no problems with it too. I'll definitely read through these reviews and do some comparing and contrasting but the goal is to have my shit bought this week (well at least the turntable)! Happy times. Thanks guys!

Yeah I mean, for $200 it will definitely be a good match for what kind of setup you want.

Im just put off by how it looks because Im a douche like that. It also has a lot of bells and whistles for converting your records to your computer via USB...Not a fan of these either...These functions I personally find useless. No one ever uses that shit. Id much rather have a turntable that doesnt have those funtions/options and focuses more on refining the listening experience. But once again, this turntable will be good for what you want to do, im just being nit picky.

Also, If you dont have a cartridge in mind already, Id HIGHLY recommend the Shure M97xE.

Kafkax: It's really the most simplest of setups. This receiver with a built in pre-amp:
http://www.ebay.com/itm/Onkyo-Stere...32?pt=US_Stereo_Receivers&hash=item20e0693c88

Then I'll get two good speakers from best buy or something. And bam.

I figured to ask to make sure I'm not spending ridiculous amounts of money but at the same time getting a decent setup because a turntable is really an investment. I know a lot of people complain about the newer turntables because you gotta replace the stylus on them with their company's model, so I'm looking for a turntable that will allow you to replace the stylus without it having to be the same company's so basically i want the opportunity to get a custom stylus.

Matt, that price is really smooth! I'm going to read the reviews on that but it got higher reviews than the one i was eyeing, which is a great sign. Great to hear you have no problems with it too. I'll definitely read through these reviews and do some comparing and contrasting but the goal is to have my shit bought this week (well at least the turntable)! Happy times. Thanks guys!

No problem. Also, when it comes to speakers/recievers, don't be afraid to look for them at garage sales, or thrift stores/goodwill type stores. Seriously, I got an awesome vintage setup from 1979/1980 at a garage sale for $2. Speakers, reciever, everything. Sounds fucking amazing. A buddy of mine got some great vintage speakers at a goodwill for about $10 bucks. Some people don't know what they have, so take a look!

Picked up DsO- Fas on vinyl this past weekend. Came with a nice sized poster too. Only 25 bucks! I am loving how this sounds on vinyl as opposed to the cd version. The bass plays a more audible and sickening role, and the guitars sound so much more human.

At first I thought you got the Splatterhash split and was gonna bust your balls big time for finally owning something from Cannabis Corpse...But then I put two and two together and realized it was Ghoul's Splatterthrash...

So close...So close...:bah:

Ha. Well go for it man. Ghoul is one of my favorite metal bands from the beginning of my metal listening so yes I also have splatterhash and I even snagged the rarest variant before they were gone. Might have to take pics of that one too. Do I like the cannabis corpse side? Not really. :lol: I guess it isn't bad or anything.

Isnt bad?! Im definitely seeing some progress here. You used to fucking HATE that fucking band. /endofballbusting

Yeah Ghoul is one of my favorites as well, their live show is fun as fuck.

No problem. Also, when it comes to speakers/recievers, don't be afraid to look for them at garage sales, or thrift stores/goodwill type stores. Seriously, I got an awesome vintage setup from 1979/1980 at a garage sale for $2. Speakers, reciever, everything. Sounds fucking amazing. A buddy of mine got some great vintage speakers at a goodwill for about $10 bucks. Some people don't know what they have, so take a look!

Man that is awesome a setup for $2?! I'll definitely keep that in mind.

Yeah I mean, for $200 it will definitely be a good match for what kind of setup you want.

Im just put off by how it looks because Im a douche like that. It also has a lot of bells and whistles for converting your records to your computer via USB...Not a fan of these either...These functions I personally find useless. No one ever uses that shit. Id much rather have a turntable that doesnt have those funtions/options and focuses more on refining the listening experience. But once again, this turntable will be good for what you want to do, im just being nit picky.

Also, If you dont have a cartridge in mind already, Id HIGHLY recommend the Shure M97xE.

Ha! I thought it would be cool to be able to convert it to mp3s since I do listen to music on my phone/computer but it's definitely not important. But I think I'm going to go with the one Matt posted because the one I posted has no dustcover and you have to manually place the tonearm down and it doesn't allow you to skip tracks. Honestly, I don't trust myself to manually put the tonearm down with my luck will probably end up breaking it or ruining my records. The other one I can get a simple upgrade with the stylus and have a nice setup.

Cool, will take a look at that cartridge, thanks!