The Tape Collector's Thread

It tends to differ greatly, actually. If you're buying official tapes released by Dying Victims, Hells Headbangers, Shadow Kingdom et al you're getting a great sounding tape.

Reactions: Baroque
I noticed Sarlacc Productions is doing a run of The Will of Gods is Great Power and I decided to go ahead and grab one. My first cassette in a long ass time. Comes with the download for free from band camp too, which is nice because my tape deck isn't exactly always handy.

Ive got a The Lamp of Thoth cassette from these guys too and it's great quality.

Reactions: CiG
ddd.png

Megadeth's So Far, So Good... So What!
Iron Maiden's Seventh Son of a Seventh Son
Black Sabbath's Heaven and Hell

Cases a bit bashed up but these were cheap and I'm so fucking happy to have them. Finding classic stuff in Australia in good condition is pretty hard.

Reactions: Sirjack
1.jpg

Whipper's Into the Obscure
Ironhawk's Cemetery of Steel
Torpedo's Flaming Steel Attack

2.jpg

Radio Birdman's Radios Appear
Stone Dagger's The Siege of Jerusalem / Black Clad Rider
Ice War's We Will Stand

IMGP0028.JPG

My Dying Bride's As the Flower Withers
Bolt Thrower's The IVth Crusade
Godflesh's Pure
Exodus' Pleasures of the Flesh
Megadeth's Rust in Peace
Testament's Practice What You Preach

Last edited:
Reactions: Sirjack
Depends on the cassette. Give examples. If we're talking mainstream metal albums on tape, then not even worth the effort trying to sell them for the most part, you could have an entire lot of 100 and make maybe $20 at best. A few exceptions, Rigor Mortis' major label debut cassette can fetch some money just because of the size of cult around the band for example. If we're talking demo tapes from the mid 90s and later from underground bands no one cares about, then maybe $5-$10 if it looks cool. If we're talking demo tapes from the mid 80s, then anywhere from $50 to hundreds is possible, especially if you wait.