The Vinyl/Collector's Thread

New thrash vinyl apparently isn't very desirable as it usually runs cheap. It always looks and sounds great though. Must be the same as brutal death metal on vinyl... Fans just don't buy it that well.

Received my Prosanctus Inferni wax yesterday. Gorgeous shape, #86/111. Kinda feel bad for being a dick about it but I also feel like the guy needed a fire lit under his ass so maybe in a way it helped him.

Will post some pics once a few more things arrive.

Newer releases. I would say $20-30 including shipping is normal, depending on what you get. A single sleeve black vinyl tends to be like 15+shipping! colored vinyls and gatefolds bump and DLPs are more.

New thrash vinyl apparently isn't very desirable as it usually runs cheap.

I think you're right about that. I've had copies of those green Fatal Feast LPs sitting around forever. Same with the new Warbringer release. However when I had the new Death Angel album in stock they sold out in like a day.. That album had quite a bit of hype though.

hey guys.

I'm new here, I just started collecting vinyl and I have found I really have a thing for coloured vinyl (I promise pictures soon, I have about 10+ records in the mail), I noticed you were talking about the Cattle Decaption vinyl reissue "set" I was looking at getting this but I live in australia and shipping nearly costs as much if not more than the record itself. one of you said why bother getting cattle decapitation on vinyl, why is that? do some bands not work on that format?

anyway, if you were me would you take that "set" or leave it?

Honestly my friend, it's just a ridiculous premise to have to buy a box set piece by piece, even including the box to put them in. It's metal blade price gouging us. (Just like the $50 behemoth new album on vinyl) It's ridiculously expensive, even for me in the United States, so in Australia you're getting it even worse.

I understand though if you're a big fan of the band. I've paid way more than I should have for records before.

As Krow said. It all depends on how much you like them. If you're a really big fan of them then go ahead but if you do not feel any big needs for it then you should probably skip it.

Cheers guys,I thought cattle decapitation was an average band, I was just falling for the colours :) by the looks of it I'm going to have to take my collecting a bit more slowly, I just bought 4 vinyls on ebay which where 3 were $30 and one was $66, if I include the cheapest option for shipping to Australa (from the US) it came to $250 for 4 albums! :cry: I must be doing something wrong here

Shipping rates everywhere keep going up. Some people/distros want to really make you pay a ton and some make you pay bare minimum to get it to you safely.

If I were you I would be on the lookout for metal distros in Australia and check out discogs.com I found an album on there a couple weeks ago that was five years old, only had 111 of the variant I wanted, and was long gone from any distros. I paid $20+shipping for a mint copy.

I have to say I don't recommend buying vinyl from deathwish inc if you're a picky collector. Shipping was $9 for two records and it was packed in probably the thinnest cardboard imaginable. My Gaza and Cult Leader vinyls both have massive corner dings because if it.

Amazon has the standard gatefold black version of the new Leprosy for $18+free shipping if you spend a few more bucks. I will probably get all the death reissues but I want the super deluxe Spiritual Healing and Human. The Leprosy one cost fifty bucks though. :(

Yeah, I've got that Leprosy vinyl pre-ordered.

5cce14b8-74ae-4b86-82cf-121f0746b5d4_zpse140b102.jpg

CIMG2349_zpsb48856c3.jpg

... also came with a poster of the cover art.

I have the Leprosy LP from a few years ago. I wonder how the sound is going to be in comparison.

Here is the list of recent LPs for me.

Venom-Black Metal 1982 edition
Cloudkicker Mystery LPs from Blood Music
Autopsy- Mental Funeral on red from a couple of years ago
Deftones- Self Titled
Dio- Last in Line
Isis- Oceanic
Sepultura- Chaos AD
Silverchair- Frogstomp
Lady Gaga- Artpop
Pearl Jam- VS
Gary Numan- Pleasure Principle
Foo Fighters- the Colour and the Shape
Mercyful Fate- Melissa
At the Gates- the Red in the Sky is Ours

also pre-ordered the new Tryiptykon LP

I just wanted to say, FUCK RELAPSE.

I preordered the YOB Catharsis shirt bundle with the purple and gold splatter reissue, almost immediately after it was announced back at the end of January. It wasnt until right now, that I got wind that my order was cancelled due to my info not matching because I logged into my Relapse account wondering where the fuck my record was. Ive ordered from Relpase many times and never had an issue, so im not sure what the problem was because they never specifically told me.

However, they cancelled my order a month after the purchase. They cancelled it at the end of Febuary, and thats some bullshit to me. Let me know IMMEDIATELY that shit doesnt link up, because when I press the order button, and it gives me a receipt and says "Thank you for your order" I put it out of my mind and expect a package within the next few months...

I am so fucking heated right now. YOB is one of my favorite fucking bands, and I Was seriously probably the 5th person to order this shit, and now of course its sold out and there are no more medium shirts.

So. Fucking. Pissed.

I pick up bullshit from salvation army here and there, came across Leo Kottke's 6 and 12 string guitar album the other day and loved the cover. Good stuff, glad I discovered him. I love random finds.

Also picked up Al di Meola's Electric Panther and 2001: a Space Odyssey soundtrack, so that day was a win.