The Vinyl/Collector's Thread

Discogs is some distros and private sellers. Can get expensive, and you never know how theyre going to pack their shit. Buuuut ive got some stuff from there ive never seen another copy of for sale.

Nice, ill check those places out, hells headbangers had some pretty high prices(including the shipping) last time i checked.

Do you guys think that the Obscura vinyl that amazon has up for pre order will be a colored one?

Also, do any of you guys sell your stuff on discogs?

HHR has high prices? I usually get my records shipped priority from them for like 7-8$. I do only live a state away i guess though.

I wouldnt know about the Obscura reissue yet. CM doesnt have any black for sale, so i would assume yes, but the way they do shit, it could be a mass market only black version. Discogs would tell the tale after its released.

They update with new stuff monday, wednesday, and friday around 5pm EST. Thats the best time to check for new stuff. $15-20 is pretty well going rate for new vinyls, at least i think. They will stock super rare color variants there too, usually for a dollar or two more at most but only get a couple.

Ive never had a problem with Discogs, and that truly is the main place I buy my shit. I dont sell my shit on there, but Im going to soon because I have a lot of records I would love to get some cash for cause I Id rather have some other shit. Never had a problem with shipping/packaging either.

Yeah it can get expensive, especially when buying from people out of country, but you can find nearly ANYTHING on that site and its worth it to me.

Shipping to CA is not too different than to you Krow. 7/8 bucks sounds about right.

Jinxed myself...

My first not so perfect order came in from Discogs today. Shit was marked as Mint and is probably VG rating...Will prob play fine, but for how badly I wanted this record and the money I shelled out for this piece, I want perfection...Its electronic 12" with 1 song on each side and I paid like $35 so I demand a high standard. Given the genre, I imagine it was used with old school DJs so it couldve been handled alot, but still...Pretty pissed.

Didnt even come with the the jacket it was supposed to on top of that...

Shipping this back to Germany will be fun.

Hey guys, Dark Descent records is having a sale right now.

25% off their releases
15% off everything else

I grabbed a copy of Horrendous - Ecdysis on clear wax with orange splatter. Cant wait to see that amazing art.

Man, I fucking love sales and hate them at the same time. Ever since I saw this post this afternoon, Ive loaded my Cart with an obscene amount of cool shit...Been narrowing down my selection ever since...

My roomate said 20Buck was also having one, but I dont see it. Doooomed had a 25% sale too, so now their shit is now almost affordable...

Having a heart attack over here...

Putting a new cartridge on my turntable because Im tired of dealing with the only record store in town that can help me fix my turntable.

Everything is on and wired properly now. The true test will be when I try and spin some shit tonight.

This whole process made me value a budget turntable and not something that broke the fucking bank. Budget turntables make this shit ALOT easier...

Just got this in the mail....

CIMG3514_zpsfykqredv.jpg

$12.99 @ amazon

Bought an LP from Hammerheart records today. Theyre based in the Netherlands and have done some badass reissues. I'll let you guys know how it goes when i recieve it.

Oh its Cobalt's first album, War Metal on their limited to 100 variant.

Edit: on an unrelated note, the US dollar is raging back against the Euro and its not so bad buying a vinyl from Europe. :kickass:

That Deluge vinyl is fucking sick.

Yeah bro, anytime. My first piece of advice would be to look up the make and model of your turntable and cartridge so if you run into issues in the future you can quickly reference them and get replacement parts.

Repairs/replacements are fairly simple. Read up on the make and model of your TT, and see if you can find the manual and videos on YouTube, and fuck around. Half of the shit I learned was from doing it myself and doing it wrong :lol: But if you ever need help just shoot me a question and ill try and help.

Things were a lot easier to do on my other turntable, but now that I know what to do on my Music Hall, shit is cake.