The Vinyl/Collector's Thread

CIMG3460_zpstr29ojbg.jpg

Sounds just as good as it looks ... thanks for the heads up Krow.

I'm really just starting out my collection. I've mainly been buying used offline but I've gotten some great ones at shows as well.
Been playing YOB catharsis basically non stop since I bought it.

My Nile vinyl came in yesterday. Ill post pics, theyre fucking beautiful. Very impressed.

However, I did not remember ordering Black Seeds in addition to Nephren, but apparently I did. Gotta love Pre-Orders. By the time they get to me, I forget I even ordered them.

So now i get an email from CMDistro saying that i have to wait unitl mid april for my order since one of vinyls wont be in from Europe until mid april, but on their site it said it would be in by the end of March. Fuck this bullshit, i give these guys over $160 a few weeks ago and now they tell me that i have to wait another half a month? No thanks, refund please.

First metal blade with their bullshit and now this place? How the fuck do you guys deal with buying records from these clowns? Im just going to stick to record shops.

I never buy from Metal Blade and I think have only bought very few pieces from CM.

I honestly stick to Discogs, Hells Headbangers and NWN.

Relapse earned a little more respect from me from the Nile wax I got, but I try to avoid them too cause they royally fucked me out of a YOB vinyl months back.

Never buy preorders from CMdistro. Theyre a fuckin mess with them. Shit, i only buy clearance rack cds from them. I did get some decent looking Samael wax from them a while back... Numbered in blood no less.

I try to stick to NWR, HHR, and 20BuckSpin when buying vinyl online. Got to be a hell of a deal to get it from a big label.

Hell, nuclear blast fucked me over on the new Enslaved. They OVERSOLD the rarest color of the vinyl then tried to offer me a lesser color when time to ship came.

Of the big labels, i will order from Relapse. I had a problem from them once which they promptly sent priority shipping after i notified them. They also pack vinyl the best of the big labels.