The Vinyl/Collector's Thread

That vinyl is pretty noisy. Just to compare I pulled out a few other records (Iron Maiden reissue, MOFI Dead Can Dance,and a Kscope Steven Wilson) and they were much less noisy. I still have a little static but that could be due to the fact that it's been so stupid cold that my furnace hasn't shut off in two months. Lately I've been shutting off the receiver before flipping or changing a record because the crackle is feeding back. I use a mat also.

Damn ... well that's good to know. I can deal with it for $10.

yaaaa_zps1uutz6is.jpg

yaaa_zps1xv78mpa.jpg

8E15957C-5AFF-46D4-91AC-F136D3C3875E_zpsdt6ryn6v.jpg

Mike gifted me this at the show Friday.

One of the many reasons why YOB is one of my favorites.

Not even sure I can use this because of my platter, but dont care because its fucking beautiful.

so after four months of waiting and lots of back and forth emails, I finally received 3 LPs from 20BuckSpin. I ordered them back in November, "missed" the delivery, went to the post office, post office claimed they didn't have them, turns out they DID have them but didn't tell me and shipped them back to the distro, and distro had to ship 'em back out to me. Jesus christ. Got the following:

Sunn 0))) & Ulver - Terrestrials
Locrian & Mammifer - Bless Them That Curse You
Mammifer & Circle - Enharmonic Intervals

LPs are nice. Can't be arsed to take a picture right now. Ready to get some drone on

Metal Blade is having a pretty sick sale, you guys should hop on it. Got these in the mail today ....

Slayer - Show No Mercy - red/black
Goatwhore -Constricting Rage of the Merciless - white/coke bottle clear
Fates Warning - Awaken the Guardian - blue
... $14.99 each.

+

Passages Into Deformity from Willowtip :kickass:

Will post pictures later.

edit: Metal Blade does not know how to fucking package their shit.

Yeah I've had my finger on the trigger for that vinyl for a while now.

I have that Show No Mercy press. It feels a bit cheap honestly. I found out about the back on black record store half and half colored gatefold like a week later.

WTF, that Slayer vinyl is by far the most deformed/warped vinyl i have ever received. Fuck metal blade, that was my first and last time i will ever order anything from those motherfuckers. Bent corners on all three of the vinyl (from insufficient packaging) and to top it off the vinyl that i was looking forward to the jmost is fucking warped to death? I'm gonna contact those cocksuckers right now and see what they're willing to do about this.

edit: is there any way to fix a warped vinyl?

Yup.

MB sucks balls. Pretty much the worse place you could ever support and/or buy a record.

Honestly, put the record in the jacket on a flat surface and put some books on em for a few days. You might get a little ring wear on the jacket, but thats actually helped a few of mine straighten out.

At the press NWN stuff

ANTI-GOTH 022 DOOM SNAKE CULT "LOVE SORROW DOOM" LP
ANTI-GOTH 035 RITES OF THY DEGRINGOLADE "AN ODE TO SIN" LP
ANTI-GOTH 283/ cARRION010 RITE OF THY DEGRINGOLADE “TOTALITY” LP
ANTI-GOTH 054 GOATLORD "REFLECTIONS OF THE SOLSTICE" LP
ANTI-GOTH 057 GOATLORD "THE LAST SODOMY OF MARY" LP/DOUBLE LP
ANTI-GOTH 183 ORDER FROM CHAOS “FROZEN IN STEEL” 5 x CD BOXSET
ANTI-GOTH 255 GNOSIS "THE THIRD EYE GATE" LP
ANTI-GOTH 270 EMBRACE OF THORNS “DARKNESS IMPENETRABLE” LP
ANTI-GOTH 270 EMBRACE OF THORNS “DARKNESS IMPENETRABLE” CD
ANTI-GOTH 277 MEFITIC "WOES OF MORTAL DEVOTION" LP
ANTI-GOTH 278 INFRA "INITIATION ON THE ORDEALS OF LOWER VIBRATIONS" 7"
ANTI-GOTH 280 ILL OMEN "COMPENDIUM MELIFICARUM - ESOTERICA" CD
ANTI-GOTH 282 BLACK WITCHERY / REVENGE “HOLOCAUSTIC DEATH MARCH TO HUMANITY’S DOOM” SPLIT MLP
ANTI-GOTH 282 BLACK WITCHERY / REVENGE “HOLOCAUSTIC DEATH MARCH TO HUMANITY’S DOOM” SPLIT MCD
ANTI-GOTH 285 GOATLORD “SODOMIZE THE GOAT” DLP
ANTI-GOTH 286 GOATLORD “DEMO 87 / REH 88” DLP

I want to throw it out there that they used to be affiliated with Rise Above records, who are fantastic and put a shitton of care into their vinyl. Don't let that put a bad image of rise in your head. It's part of why their relationship ended and the label does their own US wax releases instead of thru MB now.

So i jstu received this emailf rom them ...

Hello Andreas

We did try to give you a call so we could discuss this better.

We do apologize that these items were damaged upon their arrival. Its possible they were damaged during transit, which unfortunately is out of our hands. But we will do our best to rectify.

Attached is a pre-paid shipping label to send the items back. We will gladly issue a refund to your paypal if you wish to proceed that way.

But if you were hoping to own these vinyls, we can repackage and reship brand new vinyls via UPS GROUND, to ensure it gets to you much quicker, and in a much more secure package then how they were received in.

Please let us know how you want to proceed.

... im not sure if i should trust these guys with a replacement. And im pretty sure that it wasnt the transit/shipping, their quality control is probably shit