The Vinyl/Collector's Thread

Sirjack is making me salivate with all these gems he's posting.

CD collectors: Do you display your stuff? If so, where did you buy your media racks? I am looking for options since my 'display' room is pretty much complete. Someone donated a rack to me for my non-metal stuff, but I need options. I know I can buy my own shelving unit pieces at Menard's and go that route, but I don't know if there's anything better out there..

I built my own, ever tried anything like that?

I was thinking about that last night actually. I figure I could just get some 2x4s and cut them and then get some square pieces as the posts. I like the convenience factor of just having the finished shelving shipped to me or whatever though.

Do you have pictures?

It's a somewhat awkward thing to take a photo of and it's painted, but I basically just did what you talked about.

I used to be a manager of a hardware store so besides being a pretty cheap option already, I got a discount on the materials. Ordering a shelf is convenient but it can be pretty damn expensive depending on your collection size.

You have tools etc?

It's a somewhat awkward thing to take a photo of and it's painted, but I basically just did what you talked about.

I used to be a manager of a hardware store so besides being a pretty cheap option already, I got a discount on the materials. Ordering a shelf is convenient but it can be pretty damn expensive depending on your collection size.

You have tools etc?

I do but I don't have a cordless drill but I could borrow my dad's (or buy one!). I need to get my own cordless drill because it is convenient to have. I also randomly inherited a handsaw from my former roommate when he moved. I have multiple workbenches at my house from the previous owner so I'm all set to work if I want to do that.

My dad is way handier than me in terms of that stuff so I may have him assist.

I have almost 1000 CDs and I was pricing out 'assembly required' model media racks last night. If I want something super durable I'll have to spend 100+ dollars. I know the hardware stores have pre packaged options too. This is going to be a fall/winter project mainly.

Yeah man if l had to choose a top 5 DM list it would be one of my favourites too. Most people i've talked to over the years prefer Retribution for the most part but l reckon that album is perfect. A shame Mark Simpson went back to jazz and as far as l know never recorded again.

CD collectors: Do you display your stuff? If so, where did you buy your media racks? I am looking for options since my 'display' room is pretty much complete. Someone donated a rack to me for my non-metal stuff, but I need options. I know I can buy my own shelving unit pieces at Menard's and go that route, but I don't know if there's anything better out there..

Bump if anyone else wants to contribute

I use heavy book shelves and bolt them to the wall in my music room. It's not really for display purposes but just storing the fucking things.

I need to buy a couple more actually.