The Vinyl/Collector's Thread

I wish I had a record player. All I can do is buy CDs. :bah:

Getting a shitty turntable a decent amp and some half decent speakers is real easy man, and not too expensive. l have 3 turntables - none of which would impress many audiophiles. Also you just need to look for vinyl everywhere, loads of second hand stores and charity shops have no idea what they've got half the time. Just don't get conned by wankers asking you to pay £60 for Altars of Madness. It's worth£25-£30 tops. And ebay's a fucking joke. You can find many a great deal on Discogs.

DSCN5015.JPG

Nuclear Simphony - Lost in Wonderland
Midnight Darkness - Holding The Night
Chicago Transit Authority - Chicago Transit Authority
Pandemonium - Heavy Metal Soldiers

Last edited:
It's fine to buy vinyl with no intention of playing it, since it's one of the best forms of metal memorabilia around in terms of things you can display. That's why they make vinyl that's not just your standard black wax. That said, everyone should invest in a record player because some vinyl is just meant to be played and it's a shame to miss out on that.

My metal collection: A-G with some music related literature on the middle shelf. Apologies for it being so blurry.

14333847_10100289759841038_4292663164718534208_n.jpg

It's fine to buy vinyl with no intention of playing it, since it's one of the best forms of metal memorabilia around in terms of things you can display. That's why they make vinyl that's not just your standard black wax. That said, everyone should invest in a record player because some vinyl is just meant to be played and it's a shame to miss out on that.

yeah but display how? like in a record shop with them pinned to the walls? vinyl may come in loads of colours with loads of nice booklets and lyric sheets but l don't know anyone who stores their vinyl any differently to me... l can see your point but...it's kinda like buying a load of books...to display...yeah i've not actually read them but at least i've got them

DSCN5268.JPG

Reactions: The Ozzman
If you plan to own a turntable sometime in the future, it's smart to start collecting vinyl before you can listen to them. Think of it as an investment in future enjoyment.

Nothing to do with displaying them with no intention to use them, if you want a good turntable they can be pretty expensive, whereas you can find awesome vinyl here and there for decent prices. You don't need to own the player before the records.

Reactions: Sirjack