The Vinyl/Collector's Thread

yeah but display how? like in a record shop with them pinned to the walls? vinyl may come in loads of colours with loads of nice booklets and lyric sheets but l don't know anyone who stores their vinyl any differently to me... l can see your point but...it's kinda like buying a load of books...to display...yeah i've not actually read them but at least i've got them

View attachment 6821

Here are a few ways that people display vinyl.

bags-unlimited-record-frames.jpg 45_duo_stain.jpg rekordit-record-frames.jpg

It's not an obscure practice. My parents had records on the walls when I was growing up. Picture discs and colored vinyl are made for collecting and displaying.

I could see myself framing some nice looking album artwork and hanging on the wall, but I don't really get framing the actual disc like some examples above? Keep the disc for playing purposes imo. People who frame the discs like that feels more like obsessive collectors (which I am too to a degree) rather than music lovers.

I rather spend money on actual paintings (or other forms of fine art pictures like etchings, etc.) to hang on my walls.

Reactions: Sirjack
Yeah l can see what you mean about framing and mounting some LP's although l don't think i've ever seen them displayed like that at anyones house. Just Pubs, record stores etc. l wouldn't do it myself.

DSCN5020.JPG

Bolt Thrower - War Master
WatchTower - Control and Resistance
Death Angel - Act III
Dark Angel - Leave Scars

Last edited:
l am going to have to speed up a bit, as this will take me into next year at this rate

DSCN5023.JPG

Steve Vai - Passion and Warfare
Blind Illusion - The Sane Asylum
At Death's Door - Compilation
Joey Tafolla - Out of The Sun

Love seeing the stuff from the guitar gods. Have some of those Yngwie's on vinylas well as Satriani. Missing Marching Out and that's his best. Tony Macalpine and Chris Impellitteri. Had those on cassette way back when. Tony showcasing his piano chops on Maximum Security too. Ah, memory lane...

Reactions: Sirjack
If you plan to own a turntable sometime in the future, it's smart to start collecting vinyl before you can listen to them. Think of it as an investment in future enjoyment.

Nothing to do with displaying them with no intention to use them, if you want a good turntable they can be pretty expensive, whereas you can find awesome vinyl here and there for decent prices. You don't need to own the player before the records.

Good advice. Then you wont feel obligated to drop hundreds of dollars on vinyl immediately dropping hundreds of dollars on a turntable, cartridge/stylus, and amp(s).

I have a few framed LPs on my wall. It's definitely a great way to display the album art, and albums can easily be swapped based on which you feel like displaying. My pic kinda sucked cause I dont feel like taking a picture of clutter, but you get the idea.

kI4h6xF.jpg

And that is the original pressing of Killing Technology that I picked up not to long ago btw. The printing is really good.