The Vinyl/Collector's Thread

Just saw Macabre's Dahmer is being put out on Hellsheadbangers...Thats a tempting one. Great album and it looks awesome.

LPdahmer.jpg

Only because this is a significant sale, dec 24th-jan 1st, relapse records releases are 35% off. 10% off $100 or more also.

I'm normally not a big fan of cmdistro for several reasons. One reason is that they make their shit look cheaper by charging retarded amounts for shipping. Well, enter this end of the year sale. If you spend $100, you get free shipping. You can actually get a hell of a deal. My $104 got me:

Iced Earth - Dystopia lp
Iced Earth - Live in Ancient Kourion triple lp
Iced Earth - Plagues of Babylon silver DLP
Bolt Thrower - War Master silver with red splatter DLP
Iced Earth - Plagues of Babylon cd
iced Earth - Plagues of Babylon shirt
Negura Bunget - OM cd

That's 8 lps, 2 CDs, and a shirt. Not a bad deal at all, if you ask me.

BA307B2D-2135-41E8-9B95-FA825423C2CB_zpsidxpmuk7.jpg

Went to amoeba last night and scored these guys.

2 of my favorite live recordings:
Hendrix live at Woodstock
Earthless live at Roadburn

Also picked up:
Earthless - Sonic Prayer Jam
Pretty lights - A color map of the sun

EDIT:
Fun fact. In the Hendrix tri-fold, there is a picture of original woodstock tickets. $6 a day, $18 for the festival. :lol:

Hey Kafka, do you have orchid's first album on vinyl? Nuclear blast finally has them at a decent price I noticed, picked up mine on mushroom colored vinyl. :lol:

I dont. I dont have any of their shit on wax. Same with Graveyard. :(

Ive been having my eye on the graveyard and orchid glow in the dark slipmats, though. This might be an excuse to pick one up along with a record...

Ok, I compromised. Got Capricorn on splatter, the Orchid slipmat, and Graveyard's Goliath 7".

Good looking out Krow :kickass:

Hm. Thought you bought mouths of madness on wax with me. I've got all graveyard's full lengths on wax. :kickass:

Ill double check my collection when I get back home, but im pretty sure youre right. :lol:

Spinning wax for me has been put to an abrupt stop because my stylus broke on my record player. I need to get a new one, but I dont want to spend money on it because I plan to get a whole new set up.

Ive been drooling over the Rega turntables:
51Jci4sg3ML._SL1500_.jpg

Its a part of my dream setup I want to put together this year. When all is said itll be over a $3,000 setup. (Cans, amp, preamp and table) I might do speakers, well see, theres just a certain charm about listening to records with a pair of headphones vs speakers...

I was going to get the splatter version of that album but when I read it, it's more expensive than the rarer presses. 500 compared to 250 of that weird brown color. Doesn't matter much though, nuclear blast presses 5000 vinyls on 20 different colors per release :lol:

Yeah, well, its fucking Nuclear Blast. No surprise there.

Im a sucker for splatters, and for anything orange (fav color), so I had to do it.

The mushroom color was a cool idea, but, the color didnt jive with me at all. I like bright colors or just plain black. White and clear can be cool too depending on the album.

I just don't like black. I have very few plain black vinyls. Usually only if it's the only available of something I really like. Waiting for a bunch of stuff I bought with Christmas money. Seems like the mail is really slow right now. Also, my mom bought me a heavy duty record storage box. It's carpeted and hardwood. Pretty gorgeous. I've already filled it though, I may buy another.

Dude, when you can post a picture of the box or send a link. Ive been looking for something like that.

Ive been using old 7-Up wood crates, which are cool, but since they are old some parts of the bottom are missing, which makes moving the box with any records in it an impossibility. I guess I could fix em, but then it takes away from its originality, and vintageness...

[ame]http://www.amazon.com/Odyssey-CLP200P-Carpeted-Recessed-Hardware/dp/B0002DVBRQ/ref=sr_1_9?ie=UTF8&qid=1388788959&sr=8-9&keywords=Record+box+vinyl[/ame]

Pricey but looks damn good and heavy duty.

I also should note you won't come close to the capacity they promise if you have gatefolds and dlps, but that should be obvious.

Yeah its says it could 200 records...100 on each side? Yeah right, looks more like 50 on each side.

That aside, these crates are really nice. Especially for transporting shit too. I also really like the fact they have a lid so they can store your records covered. Thats legit. My shit gets dusty, even with plastic covers. Ill keep em in mind for sure.

You were right Krow. Got Mouths of Madness on purple wax.

I think one of my plans for 2014 will be to log all the records I got because I got too many to keep track of. I need to do something similar anyway because I know of at least 20 I would like to sell at some point.