THE WELCOME TO AUSTRALIA THREAD

zep-head

Zoims
Mar 24, 2004
I can't express my excitement over the upcoming tour, but considering theres no official australian tour thread yet, perhaps we can all attempt. The Peth always emphasize how Australia is their favourite place to tour, as can be seen by their frequent visits in 03/04/06, something quite fortunate for us down under.

For those of you attending, what are you most looking forward to this tour?
For me its Mike's hilarious and original comedic routines :lol: , and the music is ok too i guess. :headbang:
I'll be at both Melbourne shows, and the Sydney show, so see you there!

I'll be at both Melbourne shows and the Sydney show too. Cannot wait.
Always look forward to Mikael's humurous little spiels and just enjoying every second of their music with them right there in the room with you.

Both Melb shows.

You guys should do something aussie like go to an AFL match and yell some true aussie obscenities.

"you kick like a sheila ya dickhead" and so on

Yep, both Melbourne shows for me. Gonna be great! Looking forward to all the songs really. Having seen so many live clips of them I just can't wait to be there myself.

I'm still keen to catch up for drinks with any of the forum members beforehand. Anyone?

Both shows. Not sure what I'm looking forward to the most. Maybe just chatting a bit with the guys afterwards. I think my pit, or right-in-front-of-stage days are behind me. Don't have the fortitude to deal with the crowd surfer idiots anymore.

Moonlapse said:
Both shows. Not sure what I'm looking forward to the most. Maybe just chatting a bit with the guys afterwards. I think my pit, or right-in-front-of-stage days are behind me. Don't have the fortitude to deal with the crowd surfer idiots anymore.

I found last time that there weren't any crowd surfers in '04, people seemed more to be just headbanging away (as instructed by Mikael to the 4/4 beat).

i will be at both melb's and sydney. ill be with zep-head and another mate, and since we won't know anyone we will be trying to annoy as many of you as possible, and deffinately scouting for Moonlapse so i can congratulate him on his fine management of this forum.

also, will the perth/adelaide people please post setlists and reviews as soon as the shows are over, would be much appreciated

zep-head said:
I found last time that there weren't any crowd surfers in '04, people seemed more to be just headbanging away (as instructed by Mikael to the 4/4 beat).

Yeah, I was at the underage gig last time, and it was really really quiet generally. It was still a struggle to breathe, being pressed against the front railing, but generally a great experience.. easily the best gig I've ever been to. Something tells me these gigs will be different though. I don't know... I guess I feel like standing back a bit and just enjoying the performance and listening to the music, as opposed to trying to live it up with the band and get their attention as much as possible :)

@pethical: Cheers.

GO ADELAIDE... woo!!
There are gonna be so many fucking emo's there. BOOOOO!!!!
My third time seeing them, and it's still gonna be TEH SEX! :worship:

i've seen opeth 5 times so far (which will become a total of 8 times by the end of this tour!) and ive found the crowd has never gone too nuts at the previous shows. most people just merrily headbang away, and theres not much crowd surfing etc going on.
i agree that these days i enjoy taking a step back and just enjoying the music too... especially with opeth, as there is so much to enjoy :)

Moonlapse said:

what, even with your high-protein diet and regular workout schedule? :loco: i would think you'd be able to kick most people's asses there.

Saphira said:
GO ADELAIDE... woo!!
There are gonna be so many fucking emo's there. BOOOOO!!!!
My third time seeing them, and it's still gonna be TEH SEX! :worship:
Wow... its a Saphira...

I'll be at Sydney with me wife (trying to get her into teh metal), City_Of_Da_Moon and a few other mates.

I'll be at the Sydney gig, bright and early I think.

Should be an awesome night. Will be interesting to see what songs they play.

zep-head said:
I can't express my excitement over the upcoming tour, but considering theres no official australian tour thread yet, perhaps we can all attempt. The Peth always emphasize how Australia is their favourite place to tour, as can be seen by their frequent visits in 03/04/06, something quite fortunate for us down under.

For those of you attending, what are you most looking forward to this tour?
For me its Mike's hilarious and original comedic routines :lol: , and the music is ok too i guess. :headbang:
I'll be at both Melbourne shows, and the Sydney show, so see you there!

I hate to break this to all you Aussies but after Opeth Come to New Zealand, I think they will have a new favourite place to tour:p :headbang:

Benighted1 said:
I hate to break this to all you Aussies but after Opeth Come to New Zealand, I think they will have a new favourite place to tour:p :headbang:

Pfft *insert sheep joke*

:p

Im quite sad that i wont get to chat to Lopez like last time they were down.

I think im going to wear my Bloodbath shirt. So if anyone wants to go out for some pool and drinks ask the guy in the bloodbath t shirt with big sidies and semi long hair.

And i think ill be up front one night and the next at the back to enjoy the music. Not sure yet. Hopefully just behind the mixer looking at the sexy gear and having the best place to hear from.