Lets Get Opeth To Australia

Originally posted by Dvoters
Bring 'em to Aus, Adelaide 'specially :headbang:
Adelaide always misses out :(:(

Yeah, no shit... ADELAIDE! WOO! Come here Opeth, and I will perform sexual favours.. :lol: :D

Even if they don't play Adelaide, I will travel to see them...

2 words. Please Come!! Your loyal fans, devotees, and disciples await you with Moshing eagerness, Australian beer, and I'm sure we could muster up some Australian girls without too much hastle for your touring pleasure. Please come, now!!

I go away for a week and look what happens.....:bah:

Originally posted by Kushantaiidan
Michael
Melbourne

Come now.. here now... into my pants.

Michael....?......Michael!!?

Great.. another Michael who likes Opeth... and Anime and has a PS2... I think. (The other Micheal would be myslef, by the way). Anyways.......

Michael
Cairns

(Would this make me Australia's Northern-most Opeth fan, or is there someone in Darwin...?)

Anyways, it's fairly obvious we couldn't get Opeth all the way up here (unless they wanted to go diving on 'The Reef') so I don't have a prob with going to Brissy to see 'em (I could catch up with my bro, Ethereal, as well!)

As a matter of fact, with my limited financial capabilities at this point (read as: unemployed and not on the dole) I think I'm going to walk out to the front yard and start thumbing my way to Brissy. I should arrive around the same time as their (Opeth's) flight this way!

Back in 5...... months or so :p

Well Spike, the dude that got me into Opeth way back when, is from Darwin, so he be norther. Michael, if you've had sense enough to get your ass on this forum, post here and show your support.

Bring IT!!

A quote from a Soilwork interview in the Aussie Kerrang! magazine...

ARE THE AUSTRALIAN AUDIENCES EVER LIKELY TO GET THE CHANCE TO CATCH SOILWORK LIVE IN ACTION?
Bjorn: "It would be very cool to come to Australia. Very cool. I know that Opeth are playing there during your Spring, and they asked us if we wanted to follow them. But we will see how the album is going between now and then."

:D :) :D

We hear one of those rumours every 2 or 3 months around here... so I won't be holding my breath...

Originally posted by Spike
I go away for a week and look what happens.....:bah:

(Would this make me Australia's Northern-most Opeth fan, or is there someone in Darwin...?)

Indeed there are many opeth fans in Darwin. I'm originally from darwin (but I moved to brisbane 4 years ago) and I've been into Opeth since orchid was released. A lot of my frineds in darwin are Opeth fans, even some who aren't into metal are into opeth. My firend joe actually saw them live at Wacken last year and met Mikael, took photos etc. pretty Cool. Lucky prick. :)

anyway it would be sweet for Opeth to come here. As fro rumours it was on the Opeth official website that Opeth planned to come here so I guess its on the agenda but just hasn't been organised yet. they have a pretty good following here in Oz and the CD's sell quite well.

The shows would be pretty awesome

Cheers

Paul D

Hmmm that's a good idea. I'd do it if I understood webpages :)

Fucking bored at the moment. Is anyone else in Brisbane going to the Chalice/Astriaal/Sakkuth/Tripwire (Tripwire \m/) gig this Saturday night at the poxy Gabba Hotel?

Watch out, I'll be drunk and causing trouble.

Originally posted by Cutter
Well Spike, the dude that got me into Opeth way back when, is from Darwin, so he be norther. Michael, if you've had sense enough to get your ass on this forum, post here and show your support.

Bring IT!!

Ummmm... I thought I just did......? :confused:

Originally posted by Cutter

Spike, ...don't tell me your names Michael as well... ?

C

AH... yeah. That's what I alluded to in the first post

Michael....?......Michael!!?

Great.. another Michael who likes Opeth... and Anime and has a PS2... I think. (The other Micheal would be myslef, by the way). Anyways.......

I said this after finding out Kushan's name was Michael, are you trying to say your a 'Micheal' as well?

Spike. No, my name isn't Michael. I was saying, that the dude who got me into Opeth is called Michael. And he's from Darwin.

There are probably heaps of people in this forum called Michael, so I guess these misunderstandings don't surprise me.

hey there people.....

at wacken last year I asked Mike and Peter about the possibility of opeth in australia..... it was supposed to happen early this year, but didn't....

in regards to bands not coming out because of the monetary problems, Metal Warriors is currently bringing out Edguy, which is the first in hopefully a long line of metal bands who we're bringing out..... the tour is not aimed at making the band money, but in breaking even... which is in effect bringing the band out here on a working holiday.... the point that I'm trying to make is, if the bands want to come to australia, if the Edguy tour is successful, we can show them that they can at least break even, and have a good time in the bargain.... so there is still hope.....
for those interested, edguy are playing in sydney on may 9th at bar broadway, may 11th at the espy in melbourne, may 12th at the corner in melbourne... and maybe a few yet to be confirmed shows.......

hope this helps to give hope....

Richie

hey there people.....

at wacken last year I asked Mike and Peter about the possibility of opeth in australia..... it was supposed to happen early this year, but didn't....

in regards to bands not coming out because of the monetary problems, Metal Warriors is currently bringing out Edguy, which is the first in hopefully a long line of metal bands who we're bringing out..... the tour is not aimed at making the band money, but in breaking even... which is in effect bringing the band out here on a working holiday.... the point that I'm trying to make is, if the bands want to come to australia, if the Edguy tour is successful, we can show them that they can at least break even, and have a good time in the bargain.... so there is still hope.....
for those interested, edguy are playing in sydney on may 9th at bar broadway, may 11th at the espy in melbourne, may 12th at the corner in melbourne... and maybe a few yet to be confirmed shows.......

hope this helps to give hope....

Richie

Cutter - the Darwin guy who got you into Opeth wasn't Michael lee by any chance. That's a friend of mine from darwin who I got inot Opeth years ago.

kem - I'll be there for the Chalice gig. Looking forward to astriaal and Sakkuth to. Should be good. Not to mention the Chalice chicks are fucking hot.

Cheers

Paul D.