The 'What did/are you doing this weekend" Thread

matt schrauben

Curse You All Men!
Jan 24, 2006
Westphalia, MI
www.silentlapse.com
I don't know if this will catch on or not, but I think it'd be cool to share our weekend events on here. Concerts, drunk nights out, anything and everything.

I'll start,

This weekend I'm not up to too much. Tonight I have no real plan, about to head to buddy's place but that's about it.

Tomorrow our band has a show in Lansing, MI. Should be pretty fun, some good local metal.

Sunday I'll do nothing and it will rule.

Where did you play? What band are you in?

My "band" is called ORCumentary. It isn't technically a band, it's a solo metal project with just me and a synth. The lyrical content is about orcs (and is intended to be comical in a sense). The music itself is kind of a mix between progressive, folk, and power metal.

The show wasn't anything massive, just at this bar in Wallingford, CT. It went super well though, sold a good amount of merch. If you're interested, you can hear my newest single at the below link.

http://orcumentary.bandcamp.com/album/troll-snot-single

My "band" is called ORCumentary. It isn't technically a band, it's a solo metal project with just me and a synth. The lyrical content is about orcs (and is intended to be comical in a sense). The music itself is kind of a mix between progressive, folk, and power metal.

The show wasn't anything massive, just at this bar in Wallingford, CT. It went super well though, sold a good amount of merch. If you're interested, you can hear my newest single at the below link.

Wow, this is actually pretty solid. I like the piano in the troll snot song. I myself love a good parody band. You should check out the parody black metal band I do on the side. It's kind of funny how one can find so much enjoyment in something so silly. But, hey it's all fun.

http://www.reverbnation.com/kjottpalegg

Have ever though about getting a full band?

Have ever though about getting a full band?

I've considered it, but i've concluded that it's just way easier for me to work by myself. I can play shows literally whenever i'm available because I don't have to keep track of other members. I of course write and perform all the music and lyrics/vocals, and since i've been doing this for 6 years it's like my baby haha. Plus i've been really successful so far, and being solo makes my act even more unique. Unless if, by some strange chance, I was signed by a label and they said i'd have to get a live/studio band, I probably will be solo till ORCumentary ends.

The most exciting things that happened this past weekend were that I finished writing two new songs and I went to Dennys and had a Hobbit meal. Aside from that, I vegged out hardcore. Nice for a change since most of my weekends are usually really busy.

Let's see...

This past weekend, I went to go see Trans-Siberian Orchestra on Friday. Holy shit that ruled, although I was a little disappointed in the laid back demeanor of the crowd. I wanted to stand up and go nuts. Oh well, a small complaint really.

Saturday, the singer in our band did a solo acoustic show and it ruled. I got hammer drunk and woke up Sunday morning feeling like gold. It was a win win situation.

Sunday I lounged around like usual. Awesome.

Tonight, I've been checking out new stuff I got in the mail: Forgotten Tomb is on the stereo now. Also been listening to Shining, Witchcraft and Therion.

Thought I'd share this one. The caption says: "I think their sound has gone soft lately". The text at the bottom says: "The difference between hardcore metal fans and normal people".

21557_272554152276_6851690_n.jpg

Tonight, I've been checking out new stuff I got in the mail: Forgotten Tomb is on the stereo now. Also been listening to Shining, Witchcraft and Therion.

Thought I'd share this one. The caption says: "I think their sound has gone soft lately". The text at the bottom says: "The difference between hardcore metal fans and normal people".

21557_272554152276_6851690_n.jpg

That comic is great! Miltbrand, where are you from? I see your location says Denmark, but you also have posted about doing tours in the military. Where is you from bro?

I am from Denmark. I have done two tours in Afghanistan and one in Kosovo. Leaving for Afghanistan again in february.

Btw.: Miltbrand is Anthrax in Danish. That should provide a clue to how I ended up at UM ;)

I cut down and put up my tree this weekend too. Real trees all the way!

But other than that, my band opened for Psychostick this weekend and it was a major success. Psychostick put on one hell of an entertaining show!

That's pretty sick! Coincidentally enough, i've opened for Psychostick as well, although it didn't go fantastically. Glad to hear your show went well.

I am from Denmark. I have done two tours in Afghanistan and one in Kosovo. Leaving for Afghanistan again in february.

Btw.: Miltbrand is Anthrax in Danish. That should provide a clue to how I ended up at UM ;)

Wow. Thanks for your service. I hope you return from your February tour safely.