The 'What did/are you doing this weekend" Thread

Wow. Thanks for your service. I hope you return from your February tour safely.

Don't mention it.
I will check in here from time to time, since I will most likely have web access most of the time. The tour is 6 months.

As for my weekend: Just had a 'family visit/briefing' thing at base at base today. Getting wasted tonight, and listening to the new Funeral album that arrived today.
Also, my x-mas holiday started today ;) So from now, until january 7th, it is one long weekend :headbang:

Let's see...

Friday, I made myself a mean steak dinner and partied with some friends. Stayed up until about 3am, which is an accomplishment for me these days. Back in the day, that was par for the course. Not so much anymore.

Saturday I got home, made a mean breakfast, watched 'It's a Wonderful Life' because it rules, and took a hearty nap. Now I'm enjoying a whiskey and coke and watching 'Elf' while my girlfriend is sleeping on the couch.

Sunday has yet to come, but I anticipate a whole lot of laying around and watching t.v.

This past weekend I acquired some studio monitors. Also watched the 3 LOTR movies in anticipation of The Hobbit (going to see that at midnight). But yeah the movies consumed most of my weekend.

Tonight I am going to a local bar 1 town over to see 4 local Death Metal bands to help support the local "scene". One week from tonight at the very same venue I will be meeting up and seeing our forum brother OrcSlayer as he performs as ORCumentary at the same establishment. Looking forward to it. I'll get a picture snapped of us to post to the forum- 2 woods brothers \w/

Tonight I am going to a local bar 1 town over to see 4 local Death Metal bands to help support the local "scene". One week from tonight at the very same venue I will be meeting up and seeing our forum brother OrcSlayer as he performs as ORCumentary at the same establishment. Looking forward to it. I'll get a picture snapped of us to post to the forum- 2 woods brothers w/

How was the show Tim?

I didn't do much this Friday night, just slummed around. Saturday night went out with some friends and hit up a local bar.

Today will be fun though. Going out to Grand Rapids for a meeting for an upcoming show we have there. Pretty pumped for that since it's at a pretty cool venue.

Tonight I am going to a local bar 1 town over to see 4 local Death Metal bands to help support the local "scene". One week from tonight at the very same venue I will be meeting up and seeing our forum brother OrcSlayer as he performs as ORCumentary at the same establishment. Looking forward to it. I'll get a picture snapped of us to post to the forum- 2 woods brothers w/

Bump!

This weekend was pretty low-key for me. Did some more recording for the next ORCumentary album. Right now, 1 song is 100% complete, 1 only needs vocals, and 2 just have guitar/bass/drums completed. Aside from that I didn't do very much at all.

Oh yeah, went to see The Hobbit at midnight on thursday. I was very disappointed (if interested, read my review here [second post in this thread] http://www.ultimatemetal.com/forum/progpower-usa-lounge/849621-hobbit-48-fps-3d.html)

Next weekend should be really awesome due mostly to the gig shredsofautumn was talking about. I haven't played a gig in a month so it'll be great to hit the stage again. If anyone's interested, the show is at Silk City Music, Florence MA.

I'll count thursday as part of the weekend: Saw Kreator and Morbid Angel. Friday: A shit load of beers. Saturday: Near death.... ;)

The show was pretty killer. I pre-gamed it beforehand with several double IPA's and a double oatmeal stout so once 2 of the 4 bands wrapped up I was pretty thrashed and called my lady for a ride home (LOL). Met up with some old friends and the music which I saw was good and brutal. Just to show how far things have come technology wise, one band didn't have a drummer- pretty common- usually you'd see an Alesis or Zoom drum machine up there or whatever (at least back in the early 2000's). Now this kid was just exporting his drum tracks to AAC format and playing them off his iPod straight to the PA. honestly, the kick drums POUNDED. i loved it.

Tonight I got to see ORC ADAMS with his excellent band ORCumentary. Here's a picture of us remembering David on the 1 year anniversary of his death- rather a celebration of his life. Thanks goes out to ORC for both slaying some elves tonight as well as dedicating his last song out in memory of David. Also, for inviting me up onstage for the refrain of Sword Of Iron- was definitely a cool moment for me. Got a couple more cell phone pics as well of him onstage doing his thing and I'll post those up soon.

150941_139957532825159_1276411522_n_zps85895f95.jpg

Haha yeah that show was fuckin awesome and (financially/merch sales-wise) way more successful than I expected. That was the highlight of this past weekend.

How was everyone's xmas? Mine was pretty good, I got new slippers, the dark knight trilogy on blu ray, deluxe editions of A Game of Thrones and The Hobbit (books), Katatonia's latest album and a big poster of Middle Earth. I think this weekend i'm going to go see The Hobbit again (not in 48fps) and Django Unchained and work a lot on music.

I was planning on going to a show tonight, but rearranged my plans around a quiet night with my girlfriend, my cats, the tv, and Stone Brewing Companies fine products. Couple Double Bastard bombers + practicing some guitar parts = ZZZZZzzzzzzzzz around 11pm :kickass:

I have had this whole week off, so I've been on weekend for a while :)

Anyway, have a Christmas party at my parents today. Should be a good time and will probably have several drinks :)

Rest of the weekend is pretty open right now though.

I guess this isn't technically the weekend, but last Thursday I finally stepped into the 21st century and got a 42" HDTV. Friday I got an HD antenna and a PS3. Saturday I think I mostly just played video games and did more album recording. Sunday more of the same and then i went to a super bowl party, which was fun. Happy bday to your dad Matt.

I recently joined the future by buying an iPod after getting our annual bonus at work. I just got the iPod classic, but got the biggest model they make, the 160 gig. At 320kbps quality, I should be able to import about 1,000 albums on this bad boy, so that gives me quite a bit of room to expand. So far I'm enjoying having my entire music collection,which is big, although not Miltbrand big :), in my hand.

I recently joined the future by buying an iPod after getting our annual bonus at work. I just got the iPod classic, but got the biggest model they make, the 160 gig. At 320kbps quality, I should be able to import about 1,000 albums on this bad boy, so that gives me quite a bit of room to expand. So far I'm enjoying having my entire music collection,which is big, although not Miltbrand big :), in my hand.

It must have been wicked cheap, yes?

I agree with your mentality; I do have an iPod touch, but it's an older model that holds 64gb. The apps are really fun but I use it mostly for music and I don't really need the 3G/4G etc, i'm already on the computer too much as it is lol.

This weekend I need to hunker down and finish up my album. It's almost there but I need to do the music for an interlude and a couple leads/solos on another song, plus vocals for one song and vocal fixes for 1 or 2 more.

If anyone is in the area, my band ORCumentary's CD release show is March 29th at Cherry Street Station in Wallingford CT. I think shredsofautumn is going but if some other woodsmen would be able to come out it would be flippin awesome! I'll be doing an extended set (11-12 songs) and i'll of course be peddling copies of the new album and brand new ORCumentary PINT GLASSES!