The 'What did/are you doing this weekend" Thread

I still only have a 4GB iPod Nano that I've had for 6 or 7 years. I am constantly having to delete songs on it to make room for new ones, but hey it gets the job done.

It must have been wicked cheap, yes?

I agree with your mentality; I do have an iPod touch, but it's an older model that holds 64gb. The apps are really fun but I use it mostly for music and I don't really need the 3G/4G etc, i'm already on the computer too much as it is lol.

This weekend I need to hunker down and finish up my album. It's almost there but I need to do the music for an interlude and a couple leads/solos on another song, plus vocals for one song and vocal fixes for 1 or 2 more.

If anyone is in the area, my band ORCumentary's CD release show is March 29th at Cherry Street Station in Wallingford CT. I think shredsofautumn is going but if some other woodsmen would be able to come out it would be flippin awesome! I'll be doing an extended set (11-12 songs) and i'll of course be peddling copies of the new album and brand new ORCumentary PINT GLASSES!

Wicked? Typical East Coaster. :) My Girlfriend is from Rhode Island, and sometimes she says 'wicked' becasue she knows it bothers me.

Anyway, yeah it was pretty cheap. On sale for $239.99. Totally worth it since the amount of space on it is so big, I'll never have to buy another MP3 player.

I don't understand the iPod touch whatsoever. It's basically an iPhone that isn't a phone. Why wouldn't you just get the iPhone???

Good luck on the album. What are copies going to run for?

hey folks. this weekend i plan to relax as much as possible and write some riffery. sadly, i've had to abstain from the booze for the next week as I am trying to take some antibiotics to battle this month-long sinus infection I am dying from. Maybe I can whip myself into shape and get better while being creative!

hey folks. this weekend i plan to relax as much as possible and write some riffery. sadly, i've had to abstain from the booze for the next week as I am trying to take some antibiotics to battle this month-long sinus infection I am dying from. Maybe I can whip myself into shape and get better while being creative!

Yuck. Feel better dude. I feel your pain; earlier this week I had a weird fever on Monday night (which broke in a few hours) but from tuesday through now i've been coughing and had a sinus infection. The infection is pretty much gone along with the cough but my throat is shredded from the coughing, which is making hammering out these last second vocals for my album difficult.

I've had a pretty kickass weekend so far. Got out of work super early on Friday- got some takeout, drank many brews, and watched Friday Night Smackdown (heh)

Yesterday I got up early around 6:49 and got all of my grocery shopping done for the week by 10:30 with my fiance. Got a bunch of work done, then embarked on a little short paranormal investigation of a friend's house. After that, I went two towns over to catch part of a free show featuring my friends bands Western Massacre and Krakatoa.

Today = Beer and Evidence Review. Was supposed to be riffwriting and band practice, but I sliced my thumb open on a brand new kitchen knife i bought yesterday, rendering my picking thumb useless for today.

Haven't been on this forum for awhile. Ahhhh, memories.

Not much this weekend. Girlfriend flaked out on going to a concert. I paid her back with bad sex the night after.

Last weekend (23-26 of March) I was in Lithuania! I went there, in Vilnius, for the concert of Sabaton, Eluveitie and Wisdom, it was Swedish Empire Tour. But unfortunately Eluveitie and Wisdom didn't arrive :c They were stuck in Poland in broken bus! Oh, it was very sadly and sorrowful for me because it was my dream to visit Eluveitie's concert and especially to listen to "Inis Mona" in live!
So there was playing some local bands.
But on the other side, Sabaton has inflamed the audience! Their show was incredible and formidable!
And, of course, I liked Lithuania very much. Beautiful country.
F6FbQW3tKS4.jpg

WpBB4GEQUxc.jpg

MAj-YbPAZIg.jpg

Thanks for sharing the Sabaton photos. I'd love to see them live. I'd somehow managed to not hear about them until sometime last year, but they've single-handedly rekindled my love of power metal.

That's a hard one. To be honest the whole Helvetios album was equally awesome from start to finish, but if I have to name some:

Meet the Enemy
Your Gaulish War
Bloodstained Ground
Alesia
Helvetios

That's just a few gems I really like.

Good songs! especially Bloodstained Ground.

Thanks for sharing the Sabaton photos. I'd love to see them live. I'd somehow managed to not hear about them until sometime last year, but they've single-handedly rekindled my love of power metal.

Thanks to you for your attention! c: And I "met" them in last year too!

Was supposed to see Vision Divine with a great local prog metal band, but my lazy girlfriend decided she wanted to sleep all weekend. This gringo ain't ballsy enough to see Buenos Aires alone at night.

This past Friday my band ORCumentary played its first ever headline show to celebrate the release of my new record "Orcs 1 Goblins 0" and my 100th live performance. The turnout was great and I performed for over an hour, playing most of the new album and a few older tracks. It was pretty exciting to see some people who traveled from Massachusetts to see it. Sold a lot of stuff; I wonder whether my stock of ORCumentary pint glasses will last through the spring if they sell at a rate similar to the release show :D

Orc Adams,

Just discovered today that your avatar is an Elvenking album. Is it good?

Hell yeah, I love Elvenking, they're my favorite band. I'm not a huge fan of their newest album "Era", but it's growing on me. The album I have as my avatar is Heathenreel, which is their first album and it's excellent. It's hard for me to pick a favorite album of theirs but it's either my first or second favorite, depending on when you ask me ;D

Since you are into folk metal, I would recommend giving it a listen. They kind of move away from their folk metal sound in later releases though, so Heathenreel is a great starting point.