The what's going on in Thrash thread

Yeah I saw that on Blabbbermouth the other day, haven't had a chance to watch it yet but people have actually been saying good things about it...so I guess something must be wrong :)

Reactions: redfly and Neptune
Hahaha. Jr may have his mic up a little too loud. Does that count?
Hey there's some boobs at 25:40 maybe that's why it was such a good show lol

Last edited:
It's funny how many people are quick to shit can DM about everything but there aren't too many people in that crowd screaming for him to get off stage.

Although the comments as usual are hilarious. From those who just hate everything Dave does and many things he doesn't do but may as well be blamed for, to the army of Internet Experts who claim Dave needs a vocal coach or sing lessons. Surgery and neck problems aside Dave spent years under the same vocal coach as Axl Rose after he decided his voice wasn't up to scratch on SFSGSW and she taught him to sing that way because it wasn't like everyone else, the same thing she taught Axl.

I also like the way that Dave's ego is so big no one else in the band gets any attention. All that lack of attention Kiko is getting on stage must be upsetting, sheesh 80% of the opening song Kiko was the only one in shot. Dave really should let others share the limelight.

There was been some really good footage come out of Wacken this year.

Reactions: redfly
Yeah there's plenty of everyone, but also Dave isn't the cameraman lol. I can't believe Dave is now sporting the Lemmy on his face after all these years!
I gotta say, Broderick was cleaner live than Kiko. he's fucked up a bunch here.
And you know for pro shot. The sound could be better.

Reactions: Slammed
Dave not being the cameraman is not reason not to blame him for everything!!

Actually it still surprises me that with all the improvements in camera technology over the years how bad even HiDef cameras are at picking up the flashing lights. There is times during that show where the screen completely flashing out due to the bright lights being faster than the cameras can pick up. The light show is pretty damn impressive though.

Yeah the sound is a bit iffy at times. I wonder if it's deliberate. Wacken obviously want to advertise themselves but the bands/management/labels would have to agree the filming and release of said filming for nothing so maybe there is something in that agreement that states the quality that they are allowed to offer for free.

No it's not a reason to blame him, but at the same time you can't praise him for something he has no control over either lol

It surprises me too, maybe their cameras are older but still HiDef?
It might be deliberate, I've wondered that. But at the same time I don't see them putting these things out for sale either. Because I would buy them.

Reactions: Slammed
Of course he can be blamed for it, I've see the internet! I got the flu this week and I blame Dave for it and if I could remember my youtube account details I'd log on and add a comment to the video saying so.

Given that record companies like to protect their own and their lawyers write contracts only other lawyers can read I'd imagine there has to be some leeway somewhere when it comes to releasing free what the record company could essentially make a sellable product. The bands themselves might not be as worried about letting live performances go for free but you can bet the record companies that think they own the bands do and Wacken is essentially giving away the band for free. Wacken has spent a lot of money and effort making it what it is I guess they could have used less than top quality gear, but they could also be forced to downgrade things when it comes to giving it away for free.

On the RIP tour Dave spoke quite well to the crowd, a few jokes, a few little digs at himself and the crowd and introducing maybe every second song, but I haven't seen him like that for years. Maybe he's liking the live side of things more now than he has done for a while.

Or if the record companies are being shits and not wanting to do deals Wacken should release one band's visual with another band's audio just to annoy everyone

Yeah I don't need anyone to recite a novel between songs but a little story, a little banter, or even a joke makes a difference.

There could be some really interesting mixes if they tried it after all the internet has been doing mash ups for years

Yeah, I want as many songs as possible, but some banter some joking around really makes for a better show. And I think most of the really big bands do that and it's helped to make them really big.

Lol yeah. They could really have some fun with it. and probably ruffle some feathers :D