The what's going on in Thrash thread

To me the metal covers album is the wrong time to be making all these claims. Covers are rarely as good as the originals and if you pick the wrong covers even a good band sounds like shit. So if this covers album doesn't work he's tainting the line up. He'd have been far better off saying nothing about the future, waiting until the album sold or didn't, then making the statement he wanted Stu and Dave for another album.

Cover albums are tricky to do right. One of my favourites is COBs Skeletons in the Closet. Controversial Opinion Alert:

The covers of the pop songs are better than the metal covers.

Cover albums are tricky to do right. One of my favourites is COBs Skeletons in the Closet. Controversial Opinion Alert:

The covers of the pop songs are better than the metal covers.

Yeah I agree, there are some clangers out there which never should have been released.
Lord (Aussie band active on these forums) did a killer covers album during lockdown. Their covers of Aussie pop icons Savage Garden, Kylie Minogue and John Farnham are brilliant

Reactions: redfly and Neptune
Ok so no more picking on redfly for listening to greatest pop hits radio, it's time for offering credit where it's due.
You were right about Justis and his promotion to Daddy's right hand testicle, oops I mean right hand man.
Posted of FB

Happy Birthday to my son, my partner, and my friend Justis David Mustaine. Congratulations on becoming my new V.P. of Mustaine Music Inc. “All guns blazing!”
273928628_491849985643470_7459802756837873037_n.jpg

Reactions: Neptune and redfly
https://www.metalsucks.net/2022/02/...TTHGKTLSGqXgK8USr7bifoITk7dOEQ2EEgk8c_i8Bm5_Q

An odd question to ask, even more odd to answer. I don't think I'd take a bullet for any of them, I'd take Doro home, I'd take her out, I'd take her pretty much anywhere, I'd even plead with the gun man not to shoot but if someone has a bullet for her I don't think I can help. So for anyone else else on the list, if you're about to take a bullet and the last hope is me, you're shit out of luck!

Reactions: Neptune
Reactions: redfly
Ok so no more picking on redfly for listening to greatest pop hits radio, it's time for offering credit where it's due.
You were right about Justis and his promotion to Daddy's right hand testicle, oops I mean right hand man.
Posted of FB

Happy Birthday to my son, my partner, and my friend Justis David Mustaine. Congratulations on becoming my new V.P. of Mustaine Music Inc. “All guns blazing!”
273928628_491849985643470_7459802756837873037_n.jpg
Sometimes, I get it right!
Boy! I wonder what he did to clinch it?! The competition must have been fierce!

Reactions: Neptune and Slammed
https://www.blabbermouth.net/news/vio-lence-shares-title-track-of-upcoming-ep-let-the-world-burn/

Oh, we have a title and a song listing for the EP now....and don't be too shocked, there is even a release date.
The vocals on the new track still aren't hooking me in, the music isn't bad, even some reasonable soloing, but with only 5 songs on this EP and being talked about for so long I think it's going to tank because it just wont stand up against other releases this year.

Yeah It was ok because it's fast and heavy but other than that it didn't do much for me. And I don't think this is going to do for them what they think or hope it will.

Reactions: Neptune and Slammed
Sometimes, I get it right!
Boy! I wonder what he did to clinch it?! The competition must have been fierce!

Dave would be proud of your dedication to him :)
Oops that second line really killed the dedication, you'll never hear a kind word about you from Dave again.

Yeah It was ok because it's fast and heavy but other than that it didn't do much for me. And I don't think this is going to do for them what they think or hope it will.

Nah, there is way to much hype and not enough substance. Only a die hard fan is going to buy this EP