The what's going on in Thrash thread

I don't know where I read that thing about solos, but it was a long long time ago. I can't remember who said it but it was at a time when there was a lot of cover bands around and imitators rather than just wannbe musos. Whoever it was said copying their song was okay, it showed respect and most bands would be flattered, but a solo is his signature, something he does for a song that in uniquely his and therefore shouldn't be copied. It would have been back in the 90's I read it and from a band that wasn't new to the scene and popular enough to have imitators.

A few years back Exmortus was on tour in support of Marty Friedman. One of the local opening bands used to close their set by playing a Megadeth tune...I think it was Hangar 18, thats the one with the insane solos right? They asked Friedman's guitar tech for permission as not to offend anyone and they got the go ahead. They fucking played it and nailed it...that kid hit every note perfectly. Saw him at a show a few weeks later and complimented him and he said Marty's guitar tech came up to him as they were packing up and gave him props for playing the song correctly! :kickass:

Reactions: redfly and Neptune
A few years back Exmortus was on tour in support of Marty Friedman. One of the local opening bands used to close their set by playing a Megadeth tune...I think it was Hangar 18, thats the one with the insane solos right? They asked Friedman's guitar tech for permission as not to offend anyone and they got the go ahead. They fucking played it and nailed it...that kid hit every note perfectly. Saw him at a show a few weeks later and complimented him and he said Marty's guitar tech came up to him as they were packing up and gave him props for playing the song correctly! :kickass:
That's pretty awesome. And not easy to do!

Reactions: Neptune and Slammed
Oh good, I was wondering if I needed an update. I don't like it. I think it looks less professional. I don't see any comments at all.

Do you not like it, or do you not like change? :p
The comments are at the bottom (not Chuck's bottom end), where they are suppose to be.
It's cleaner, it loads better, it scrolls better, you can use the back button without those stupid page numbers fucking things up.
However it needs a background image. The header is too big considering they've made the logo smaller. The continued scroll, like so many other webpages these days, is annoying, and Jeff Waters is an ugly fucker.

It's a more adaptive layout, but the bigger the screen the more wasted real estate. The resizing should be better for all screens, but they might have have data that tells them the majority of users are mobile users. It really does need a big picture of Ted Nugent or something under it to fill out all that black.

Reactions: Neptune and redfly
What they need is a picture that actually looks like it's split in two by the text area. Make it something that piques people interests and it will drive everyone nuts trying to figure out what's hidden behind the text :)

At least the comments would be fun for a little while :)

I'm trying to figure out whether to buy a fitness watch/smart watch. Not sure I'll fully utilise one, not only that but because the damn things track so much these days I'm concerned when I don't listen to it, and I know it will happen, that it will get revenge and kill me in my sleep

The sound is a bit low on this one. And I haven't watched more than 15 minutes, but I have to say I think they are really giving Testament a run for their money. Exodus seems really good at getting the crowd into it. Not sure I've seen any crowd surfing n the Testament vids.

I'd only get one to feel like Captain Kirk :). I think there's a very real possibility it may murder you.

They should be called Wrist Wife if they are going to tell a guy what to do :)
I never thought I wanted one but I'm kind of interested to know if all this bike riding is doing me any good and Dr. Ozzy is not taking my calls.

The sound is a bit low on this one. And I haven't watched more than 15 minutes, but I have to say I think they are really giving Testament a run for their money. Exodus seems really good at getting the crowd into it. Not sure I've seen any crowd surfing n the Testament vids.

Exodus have always been better than Testament :p
I think Exodus have had the ability to get a crowd moving almost since the first day. They always seem to interact well with the audience and I think the whole band really get up close and personal with the crowd and encourage them to move. Even when Dukes was in the band, I don't think he quite played to the audience like Zetro and Paul, but he still did it.

Lol. The tattler.

A few people in my family have them and one friend. They really like them.

The tattler is the kids :)

My brother's family all have them and all I ever see them do is check their fucking messages and shit at the dinner table! If I get one it wont answer my phone for me.